POD Premiums

Started by RaisyDaisy, January 22, 2015, 08:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

Quote from: Goosey on January 23, 2015, 08:46:29 AM
Excellent thread RD.

I am keen to start Malceski, his average from last year is streets ahead of the next best defender so for me he is a must have, and after not managing to get on the Rockliff train last year he's in my four mid premiums (Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood). Currently have Jacobs/Goldstein but with Jacobs knee mishap he could be swapped out for Mumford, or I could even go for NicNat to free up some cash, and down forward I do have Gray in there at the moment. A lot depends on how many solid rookie picks present themselves I guess.

Malceski, Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Selwood, Jacobs, Goldstein and Gray.

Good lord, that is one top heavy side. I'd be interested to see how the rest of your team looks with all the coin spent on the expensive options above.

Ricochet

Barlow and Rocky in my mids sounds like PODs at this stage

Jackross10

Quote from: Ricochet on January 23, 2015, 10:21:02 AM

Yep. Barlow pretty close to locked for me! 120+ hopefully

Goosey

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 23, 2015, 08:56:06 AM
Quote from: Goosey on January 23, 2015, 08:46:29 AM
Excellent thread RD.

I am keen to start Malceski, his average from last year is streets ahead of the next best defender so for me he is a must have, and after not managing to get on the Rockliff train last year he's in my four mid premiums (Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood). Currently have Jacobs/Goldstein but with Jacobs knee mishap he could be swapped out for Mumford, or I could even go for NicNat to free up some cash, and down forward I do have Gray in there at the moment. A lot depends on how many solid rookie picks present themselves I guess.

Malceski, Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Selwood, Jacobs, Goldstein and Gray.

Good lord, that is one top heavy side. I'd be interested to see how the rest of your team looks with all the coin spent on the expensive options above.

Malceski, Hibberd, Burgoyne, Waters, Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie)
Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Selwood, van Berlo, Rookie, Rookie, Rookie (Rookie, Rookie, Rookie)
Jacobs, Goldstein (Rookie)
Gray, Deledio, Ryder, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Rookie, Rookie)

As I said, the fate of this GNR structure lies with the number of solid rookies available at round 1!

I can downgrade Malceski, Jacobs & Gray and bank ~50K from each if I really need to.

Ricochet

Quote from: Jackross10 on January 23, 2015, 10:32:28 AM

annnnnd he's gone :( Couldn't run Ablett, Rocky, Pendles and a Docker due to byes :'(

H1bb3i2d

Man I would love Barlow in my side.

But as a POD, I'm not going to start Ablett, and I've spread the money to my other lines. (Well not an intentional POD, I just think my team is better off without him)

Also have Jaensch at D3.

Jackross10

Quote from: Ricochet on January 23, 2015, 10:59:52 AM

annnnnd he's gone :( Couldn't run Ablett, Rocky, Pendles and a Docker due to byes :'(

Yeah that's the annoying thing. At the moment, I have, Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Ward and Barlow. I think I can survive with 3 R12s

AaronKirk

Not Seeing Fyfe in many teams, locked in my side ATM.

Gray currently sitting in my side as well.

ben_020285

Rocky has the round 11 bye, mate  ;)

Ricochet

Quote from: ben_020285 on January 23, 2015, 11:44:46 AM

Rocky has the round 11 bye, mate  ;)
yeh I know but needed a rd13 so had to run with Jelwood over Barlow/Fyfe. Just hope he doesnt continue with his annual slow start

Mat0369

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 22, 2015, 11:56:42 PM
So are you guys starting these blokes or just naming them for the sake of naming them?

I was kind of hoping to see who is putting up the big bucks on the not so popular due to high price premo's, not just for people to list players :P

Of the three I listed I will have Sidebottom locked in with Gaz and Pendles at the moment. I will work the rest of my midfield around those 3 and the byes.

Birch I am 50/50 on, Simmo is locked and loaded.

Nige

I had Malceski, Priddis, Mummy and Boomer in the third draft of my team. Sadly, I've had to cull Eski and Boomer though.  :(

Jackross10

Quote from: Nige on January 23, 2015, 04:34:32 PM
I had Malceski, Priddis, Mummy and Boomer in the third draft of my team. Sadly, I've had to cull Eski and Boomer though.  :(

Don't see the upside in Priddis? Highly doubt he will average over 110. More upside in someone like Ward i reckon for the same price

Nige

RaisyDaisy

Like I mentioned in the OP, I really am going to try my hardest to start Mummy this year. Reckon he will be a massive POD and is worth 600k, plus it's very encouraging to hear how strong he is going this pre-season

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/shane-mumfords-fitness-key-to-gws-giants-success-feeling-fittest-in-five-years/story-e6frf7jo-1227196216559