Main Menu

Bomber joins 3AW

Started by kilbluff1985, January 22, 2015, 05:01:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Thompson will join the 3AW team for season 2015.

Dudge

Well if he's anything like his post match interviews, it could be interesting

quinny88

Do people actually enjoy listening to bomber?
His eccentric behaviour is amusing but I'm guessing they are having him on for expert comments which he rarely actually gives.
When he was on AFL 360 he just gave sarcasm or had no idea what they were talking about

RaisyDaisy

Yeah Bomber is good for 5-10 minute stints. Wouldn't listen to him for a few hours

Either way, it would take a miracle for me to switch from Triple M  :D

kilbluff1985

Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2015, 08:49:52 PM
His eccentric behaviour is amusing but I'm guessing they are having him on for expert comments which he rarely actually gives.
When he was on AFL 360 he just gave sarcasm or had no idea what they were talking about

it's pretty silly to judge him based on his AFL 360 appearances how much do you think he can actually say about game plans? pretty much bugger all now he isn't tied to a club he can give his opinion on teams

and to say he he doesn't have expert knowledge of the game is just crazy give him a chance and see how he goes first

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 25, 2015, 09:39:19 PM

it's pretty silly to judge him based on his AFL 360 appearances how much do you think he can actually say about game plans? pretty much bugger all now he isn't tied to a club he can give his opinion on teams

and to say he he doesn't have expert knowledge of the game is just crazy give him a chance and see how he goes first

Wasn't saying he doesn't have expert knowledge. Obviously he's a very successful and smart football person, he's just not a good media speaker and is more enjoyed for being funny/eccentric and not for his in depth analysis.
Similair to Kevin Sheedy IMO. Great football brains, not great speakers

kilbluff1985

Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2015, 09:47:19 PM

Wasn't saying he doesn't have expert knowledge. Obviously he's a very successful and smart football person, he's just not a good media speaker and is more enjoyed for being funny/eccentric and not for his in depth analysis.

but he hasn't really been in a dedicated role like this has he? i think he might surprise you

quinny88

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on January 25, 2015, 09:49:22 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 25, 2015, 09:47:19 PM

but he hasn't really been in a dedicated role like this has he? i think he might surprise you

Yeah maybe, I dunno I've always just found him awkward to watch/listen too. Don't think I'll be doing much 3AW listening anyway so not overly fussed lol