Brendan Whitecross

Started by Money Shot, January 15, 2015, 09:46:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Money Shot

Okay so in my opinion this guy is a lock if fit could easily average around that 80 mark (happy with 70) a push to be a keeper (easily a 7th defender) I would like too see some reports saying that he wont make round , because all of a sudden he is out of everyone's team?
I think he is the best 22?

At the moment I am going with 3 premiums 1 mid pricer (waters) and 4 rookies and I doubt 4 rookies will get up every week where as Whitex is kind of like NVB rookie priced but should play each week.

ben_020285

Quote from: Money Shot on January 15, 2015, 09:46:59 AM
Okay so in my opinion this guy is a lock if fit could easily average around that 80 mark (happy with 70) a push to be a keeper (easily a 7th defender) I would like too see some reports saying that he wont make round , because all of a sudden he is out of everyone's team?
I think he is the best 22?

At the moment I am going with 3 premiums 1 mid pricer (waters) and 4 rookies and I doubt 4 rookies will get up every week where as Whitex is kind of like NVB rookie priced but should play each week.

With Frawley coming across and Jed Anderson touted as the next big thing, I don't think there is currently a place for Whitecross in the best 22.

I can see Frawley coming in for Spangher and then Anderson the next in line for the seniors. Then there's Hartung, Woodward and O'Rourke that are the future of the club and will also be pushing for a spot in the 22.

At the moment I think it would take an injury or two or three for Whitecross to have a chance of playing round 1.

ben_020285

Not to mention he's coming back from two knee reco's so highly possible that he will start the season at Box Hill to get some match fitness before having any chance of playing seniors.

Money Shot

Hmmm I think I will put him in my NAB Sitter side and then just see how I go.
If he doesn't make it I will drop him for a rookie, although I don't see 4 rookies getting up but all you really need is too which will be Goddard and someone.

AaronKirk

Even if fit for round one you can imagine that Hawthorn will be cautious with him, can see him playing quite a while in the VFL to get match fitness. And then as Ben suggests, does he have a spot in the best 22? Maybe? But not in Round 1

meow meow

Not in the Hawks best 26 IMO.

B: Gibbo, Brian, Silk
HB: Birchall, Chip, Hodge
C: I Omith, Lewis, Hill
HF: Cyril, Gun, Shiels
F: Brooost, Roughy, Hale
R: Big boy, Mitchell, Langford
I: Stratton, Duryea, Suckling, Poppy

Litherland, Hartung, Anderson, JOR, Woodward, Sicily, Simpkin

Guys like Ceglar, Spangher, O'Brien, Schoey don't really count in terms of Whitecross getting a game since they'll only replace the big blokes.

eaglesman

Gee the Hawks are a good deep side!

quinny88

Quote from: eaglesman on January 15, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

Was just looking at that side thinking how the hell are they not winning the flag again this year.
Such a strong team on all lines

Mr.Craig

He'll need to prove he's best 22 again. That will take time.

ben_020285

Quote from: quinny88 on January 15, 2015, 08:49:49 PM
Quote from: eaglesman on January 15, 2015, 08:13:34 PM

Was just looking at that side thinking how the hell are they not winning the flag again this year.
Such a strong team on all lines

They are an awesome team. I think Port will be their greatest challenger this year and they will play off in the grand final.

Whitecross might have even found his way into the side by then too.

eaglesman

I feel like a sc spud for even remotely thinking whitecross could be a selection in my team! Has never even been close to starting round 1

fasttrack13

Thinking the fact whitex got sent down back ment the May have been preparing his game for a tagging role? Could mean walk up starter with Langford becoming apart of the hawks attacking brigade. That's just a thought.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 15, 2015, 10:29:31 PM
Thinking the fact whitex got sent down back ment the May have been preparing his game for a tagging role? Could mean walk up starter with Langford becoming apart of the hawks attacking brigade. That's just a thought.

That's very, very unlikely. WhiteX could possibly do some negative roles down back but he's not cut out for anything like that in the mids. Langford and Shiels will continue to be used for that if deemed necessary.

fasttrack13

Quote from: Mr.Craig on January 15, 2015, 10:37:30 PM
Quote from: fasttrack13 on January 15, 2015, 10:29:31 PM

That's very, very unlikely. WhiteX could possibly do some negative roles down back but he's not cut out for anything like that in the mids. Langford and Shiels will continue to be used for that if deemed necessary.

By 'cut out' is that fitness, ability or what?
From what Ive seen he has the fitness capability (however is coming back from knee injury, probably holds him back). And as a pie supporter I saw him frustratingly take down maxwell/Shaw/lapumba... (Back then not an easy task).

Also where does Jed Anderson sit for you? He walked straight in a couple of years ago I see him being a freak and best cash cow this year... (If he plays)

eaglesman