Goldstein V Maric V Naitanui

Started by quinny88, January 13, 2015, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GM

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 13, 2015, 10:45:27 AM
Quinny (and others who have posted in this thread), can you explain why you have decided to not roll the dice on a Kreuz/Leuey/Belly option?

Curious to hear your line of thinking about passing on them and going stronger

FWIW I agree with what has been said. I would love to play Jacobs and Mummy, but Goldy and to a lesser extent Maric represent way more value for money, and should be able to score very similar. I reckon Goldy can average same as them, and Maric will only be a couple of points behind. Sandi will be right up there too with NicNat
The way I look at it RD is in SC , I don't see Berger or Krooz being in the Top 5 finishes and with their injury risk along with sharing ruck duties I much prefer aiming for top 3 choices and set and forget.
But un Fantasy and RDT I wll be going the Berger/Kruezer combo.

RaisyDaisy

Interesting

I've currently got Leuey, but I know that he will need to be upgraded eventually however I've gone with him simply because his cheap price has allowed me to bolster my mids and backline

I still think we need to have Belchambers in our forward line, because of the change to just 1 ruck bench option now and no rookie rucks looking likely to get games, but up until now I haven't really wanted to spend so much money on 2 gun rucks plus Belly, but am now starting to think that it might actually be better to do that. Yes it will cost me much more and will impact another line, but it will save me a trade/s by not having to upgrade/deal with Leuey

Hmmmm

I've currently got NicNat and Leuey, but am starting to consider upgrading Leuey to Goldy

GM

Let's hope a cheap R3 becomes available
If not a DPP will be needed no matter who you pick imo.
Peace of mind and saves trades.

quinny88

Quote from: Big  Mac on January 13, 2015, 11:01:09 AM
Leuenberger - Don't think he can average over 80 with Martin in the side. It's as simple as that.
Kreuzer - Had him in my side initially but Mick has plans to play him forward (Will have to wait until Nab Cup to see his actual role)
Bellchambers - In my forward line at the moment

This ^

I think they will just be frustrating.
If they would both play lone ruckman they would both be in my side but that's not going to be the case so I can see them just being frustrating and awkward to upgrade

Goosey

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on January 13, 2015, 10:45:27 AM
Quinny (and others who have posted in this thread), can you explain why you have decided to not roll the dice on a Kreuz/Leuey/Belly option?

Curious to hear your line of thinking about passing on them and going stronger

FWIW I agree with what has been said. I would love to play Jacobs and Mummy, but Goldy and to a lesser extent Maric represent way more value for money, and should be able to score very similar. I reckon Goldy can average same as them, and Maric will only be a couple of points behind. Sandi will be right up there too with NicNat

Jacobs and Mummy both finished in the top ten players last year by average which includes all the gun midfielders!!

I can't afford both, so am taking Jacobs hoping his consistency and durability can continue this year, and then taking Goldstein as he is well priced considering how excellent his second half of the year was.

I toyed with the cheaper options and Bellchambers but it just doesn't sit right with my current strategy, spending 300K on F5 when I could probably get the same return for half the price, thus allowing me to spend more on R1 and R2.

Currently have Ryder at F3, hoping he can average ~100 and replace a Martin/Zorko type forward/mid.

This is all based on a perfect world where everyone is fit and there area plethora of rookies!

quinny88

I only pick mid pricers that I think can become keepers. I can't see either of them getting within 15-20 points of the top
I do have belly though purely for his fwd/ruck link

Vinny

Quote from: Big  Mac on January 13, 2015, 11:01:09 AM
Leuenberger - Don't think he can average over 80 with Martin in the side. It's as simple as that.
Kreuzer - Had him in my side initially but Mick has plans to play him forward (Will have to wait until Nab Cup to see his actual role)
Bellchambers - In my forward line at the moment

AaronKirk

With the new ruck rules IMO it is safer to go with set + forget options and then trade to other premos if necessary.

Goldy and Nic Nat are locked for me at the moment.

Jackross10

Quote from: AaronKirk on January 13, 2015, 01:18:14 PM
With the new ruck rules IMO it is safer to go with set + forget options and then trade to other premos if necessary.

Woppa15

Quote from: Jackross10 on January 13, 2015, 02:10:15 PM
Quote from: AaronKirk on January 13, 2015, 01:18:14 PM

GCSkiwi

While I agree with people saying Leuey won't be a keeper, if I go from Leuey to Goldy I take a hit in defense, so it's swings and roundabouts really. Do I go with a keeper ruck and a stepping stone defender or a keeper defender and a stepping stone ruck? Goldy + ~Geary vs Heater + Leuey? I think even if he's not a keeper Leuey is still going to outscore a similarly priced player elsewhere on the turf...

WizzFizz

Quote from: GCSkiwi on January 13, 2015, 02:55:49 PM
While I agree with people saying Leuey won't be a keeper, if I go from Leuey to Goldy I take a hit in defense, so it's swings and roundabouts really. Do I go with a keeper ruck and a stepping stone defender or a keeper defender and a stepping stone ruck? Goldy + ~Geary vs Heater + Leuey? I think even if he's not a keeper Leuey is still going to outscore a similarly priced player elsewhere on the turf...

Geary going 90+ is nearly as possible as Leuey going 90+

GCSkiwi

Quote from: WizzFizz on January 13, 2015, 02:57:47 PM

Key word: nearly. Don't get me wrong I'm actually tempted by that option but I think dafer money is that Leuey would outscore Geary. I'm gonna wait and see NAB.

Dayze

I've had goldy and nic Nat locked all preseason with no temptation for change.
If any concerns on nic Nat, Maric was my next choice.
Feel like nic nat is a risk that has to b taken like choosing swan.
Too much upside.

Kreuza and leuy are going to have to b upgraded and that is two trades saved IMO

Holz

Quote from: GCSkiwi on January 13, 2015, 03:03:08 PM
Quote from: WizzFizz on January 13, 2015, 02:57:47 PM

Key word: nearly. Don't get me wrong I'm actually tempted by that option but I think dafer money is that Leuey would outscore Geary. I'm gonna wait and see NAB.

yeah but Burger will outscore Geary by less than goldy will outscore shaw.