Goldstein V Maric V Naitanui

Started by quinny88, January 13, 2015, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

All underpriced, all have potential to average 110+
That's why I have narrowed my ruck lineup to these 3 but am having a hard time deciding which 2 I should go with

Goldy- as long as he rucks alone, will average big numbers again. Slightly underpriced due to a shoulder injury in round 1 that saw him struggle early and share the ruck load more than he usually would. Safest pick of the 3 but you do pay around 40k more for him than Maric and 85k more than NicNat

Maric- Has been crippled by a groin and foot injury the past 2 years but once fully fit averaged around 110 during Richmonds 9 game winning streak last year. Had no operations in the off season, is training really well and been made Vice captain. Save 40k by taking him over Goldy but pay 45k more than NicNat.

NicNat- Scares me the most with injury but definitely represents the best value. We know he can average big numbers, and now with Cox gone he should.. Shouldn't he?

Goosey

Goldstein's second half last year was excellent with 95 his lowest score after round 12, he's a lock for me.

From the other two I would pick Naitanui, purely on the upside of Cox retiring and the chance for him to stake more claim in the ruck, plus he is still young and improving/maturing.

GM

We also need to take into account  the new ruck scoring rules quinny.
Jacobs needs to be looked at seriously aswell.
Probably for me Jacobs , Goldy and Nic Nat are the best bets under the new rules.

quinny88

Quote from: Goosey on January 13, 2015, 07:58:44 AM
Goldstein's second half last year was excellent with 95 his lowest score after round 12, he's a lock for me.

From the other two I would pick Naitanui, purely on the upside of Cox retiring and the chance for him to stake more claim in the ruck, plus he is still young and improving/maturing.

He was excellent, I had him from round 1 and stuck with him despite the temptation to trade him.

Agree with you on NicNat. Have always looked forward to the day that cox retired and he could potentially average 115+ But his body is my main concern.

Quote from: GM on January 13, 2015, 08:10:32 AM
Probably for me Jacobs , Goldy and Nic Nat are the best bets under the new rules.

I don't see any value in Jacobs though GM. I think he will hold his average but he is a lot more money than these 3 guys who I think will average similair numbers

Goosey

Wholeheartedly agree GM.

I have Jacobs and Goldstein locked in at present, going to fork out the big bucks on rucks this year.

quinny88

Quote from: Goosey on January 13, 2015, 08:26:07 AM

Wholeheartedly agree GM.

I have Jacobs and Goldstein locked in at present, going to fork out the big bucks on rucks this year.

That's gotta be hurting other lines spending nearly 1.2 mil just on rucks

Goosey

Quote from: quinny88 on January 13, 2015, 08:30:34 AM

Wholeheartedly agree GM.

Well, I am just hoping for plenty of rookies to cushion the big spending!

Current structure is three premium defenders (plus Waters and four rookies), four premium mids (plus Van Berlo and rookies), two premium rucks and rookie, three premium forwards of which one is currently Ryder (plus Swan, Clark and rookies).

quinny88

Quote from: Goosey on January 13, 2015, 08:34:34 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on January 13, 2015, 08:30:34 AM

Wholeheartedly agree GM.

Well, I am just hoping for plenty of rookies to cushion the big spending!

Current structure is three premium defenders (plus Waters and four rookies), four premium mids (plus Van Berlo and rookies), two premium rucks and rookie, three premium forwards of which one is currently Ryder (plus Swan, Clark and rookies).

Yeah it can definitely work. Ruckman should be seen as another 2 premium mids as they can score like them.
My issue though is for the money you spend on someone like Jacobs (620k) safely expecting a 110-115 return, there are other options for 100k cheaper that will produce similair output that are still considered set and forget options.

I would only spend 620k+ in the midfield where I'm looking for guys I think could go 120+

ronl

Thoroughly agree with your line of thinking, Quinney.  Have had NicNat and big Ivan locked in for several weeks. In the event of  pre-season injuries to one or both, well, then it's a whole new ball game, as they say.

Goosey

What about the talk of increased scoring potential for the better tap ruckmen, ins't it possible that Jacobs can go higher than 115?

I guess I am just prepared to pay for proven quality right up front and not have to worry about changing rucks when the ruckmen I start with don't cut the mustard.

Each to their own!

quinny88

Quote from: Goosey on January 13, 2015, 09:45:11 AM
What about the talk of increased scoring potential for the better tap ruckmen, ins't it possible that Jacobs can go higher than 115?

I guess I am just prepared to pay for proven quality right up front and not have to worry about changing rucks when the ruckmen I start with don't cut the mustard.

Each to their own!

Possibly! Certainly see your reasoning.

quinny88

Quote from: ronl on January 13, 2015, 09:12:48 AM
Thoroughly agree with your line of thinking, Quinney.  Have had NicNat and big Ivan locked in for several weeks. In the event of  pre-season injuries to one or both, well, then it's a whole new ball game, as they say.

Love it, ronl. I think this combo can score just as well as a Goldy/Jacobs combo for just a fraction of the price.
Maric will be super unique too

Nige

RaisyDaisy

Quinny (and others who have posted in this thread), can you explain why you have decided to not roll the dice on a Kreuz/Leuey/Belly option?

Curious to hear your line of thinking about passing on them and going stronger

FWIW I agree with what has been said. I would love to play Jacobs and Mummy, but Goldy and to a lesser extent Maric represent way more value for money, and should be able to score very similar. I reckon Goldy can average same as them, and Maric will only be a couple of points behind. Sandi will be right up there too with NicNat

Big Mac

Leuenberger - Don't think he can average over 80 with Martin in the side. It's as simple as that.
Kreuzer - Had him in my side initially but Mick has plans to play him forward (Will have to wait until Nab Cup to see his actual role)
Bellchambers - In my forward line at the moment