Newbie's first attempt at a dreamteam

Started by Canuck, March 18, 2010, 01:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canuck

Hey all, I'm a Canadian who has joined a dreamteam comp this year for the first time and basically have no idea what I'm doing.  I've done a little bit of reading around the net and so far this is what I have as a team.  Any feedback would be much appreciated so I don't embarrass myself!

D: Goddard, L. Hodge, H. Shaw, Birchall, Drum, Kennelly, Broadbent
Bench: Sheppard, P. Davis
Mid: Ablett, Dal Santo, Cooney, Rich, Jack Trengrove, D. Martin
Bench: Shuey, Bastinac
Rucks: Sandilands, Tippett
Bench: Bellchambers, Lobbe
F: Riewoldt, Brown, Pavlich, Ziebell, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff
Bench: Butcher, Breust

Got $10K left in the bank so I've spent a lot.  I'm thinking I might have too many big names and then have taken a chance on some young guys as a result.  Anyways let me know what you think!

Pikeyy

Quote from: Canuck on March 18, 2010, 01:11:22 PM
Hey all, I'm a Canadian who has joined a dreamteam comp this year for the first time and basically have no idea what I'm doing.  I've done a little bit of reading around the net and so far this is what I have as a team.  Any feedback would be much appreciated so I don't embarrass myself!

D: Goddard, L. Hodge, H. Shaw, Birchall, Drum, Kennelly, Broadbent
Bench: Sheppard, P. Davis
Mid: Ablett, Dal Santo, Cooney, Rich, Jack Trengrove, D. Martin
Bench: Shuey, Bastinac
Bench: Bellchambers, Lobbe
Bench: Butcher, Breust

Got $10K left in the bank so I've spent a lot.  I'm thinking I might have too many big names and then have taken a chance on some young guys as a result.  Anyways let me know what you think!

I'm guessing you dont know alot about the players so I will suggest some straight player swaps.

Backs: Swap Birchall > Harbrow
Everyone has their own opinions of players around Drums price so I will list a few. Drum > Dempsey, Malceski, Greenwood.
My pick would be Dempsey
Broadbent > Ladson, Hunt, Waters. Waters has the most upside but is also the most injury prone.

Change Sheppard to Maguire and the other position is another one where people have differing opinions. I'd change Davis to Silvagni but others that may play around that price are Nason, Webberly, Davies, Trengove and Farmer.

Mids: Rich will get alot more attention this year from opposing teams so at that price a straight swap to Armitage, Mackay, Masten would benefit your team. A unique choice that I would take for a little more cash would be James Mcdonald. I reckon get him. You're not following the trends of the other teams and he will most likely score higher.

Rucks: Get rid of Bellchambers and Lobbe and replace them with any of Warnock, Skipper, Roughead. What I would do is only get one of these players and with your other spot just get the cheapest guy you can. The fourth ruck position is often looked upon as dead weight.

Forwards: Dont get rid of Rockliff but put him on your bench and get rid of Butcher for any of Hitchcock, Gumbleton, Podsiadly.
I would look at upgrading Breust to a player like Campbell, Warren, Ballantyne, Mayne.  Anyone around that price. This spot is your biggest jump in price with trading so I would look at making this move first before you do the rest to get a better idea of where you are at with your other trades.

All in all, you should have quite a competitive team :)

Cooee Cobber

Where to begin....

Change Drum to Josh Hunt or Rick Ladson because Drum has a bit of an injury and doesn't look like he'll get many games. You could find a better option than Broadbent. Sheppard and P. Davis don't look like getting many games. Get Beau Waters, Matt Maguire, Jackson Trengove or Andrew Moore instead for the back bench.

Midfield is fine except for Rich, downgrade him to someone like Chris Masten or Mark Mcveigh. Also a rookie like Michael Barlow or Lewis Jetta should get more games than Bastinac (and probably score better).

Rucks are good but I would change Bellchambers, maybe to Robbie Warnock.

Brown is generally considered a slow starter to the season. You must get rid of Butcher and Breust. Instead go for rookies like Gary Rohan, Cameron Hitchcock, Scott Gumbleton (injures easily though), Matthew Lobbe, James Podsiadly and maybe Mitch Duncan. Starting Rockliff might be risky but he is the best forward rookie starting option.

Hope this helps.

Prospector_1

Take a read through this thread Canuck.

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,9383.0.html

Lot's of help recently given to a newbie Yank. HTH

Canuck

Thanks for the help guys.  Made some swaps and i have more cash in the bank to boot!

New edition

D: Goddard, L. Hodge, H. Shaw, Harbrow, Dempsey, Kennelly, Waters
Bench: Farmer, Maguire
Mid: Ablett, Dal Santo, Cooney, McDonald, Jack Trengrove, D. Martin
Bench: Shuey, M. Barlow
Bench: Warnock, McNamara
Bench: Hitchcock, Gumbleton

Prospector_1

nas

Canuck, The only concern IMO is Gumby. The kid needs a run of good luck but has injury concerns hanging over him.

Pikeyy