2015 Fixture

Started by Mr.Craig, October 22, 2014, 01:12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: The_Captain on January 15, 2015, 01:55:59 PM
Quote from: Biff Tannen on January 14, 2015, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 14, 2015, 01:08:59 PM
Quote from: Pkbaldy on January 12, 2015, 12:36:52 PM
I think the AFL and trying to hand WCE a premiership. But they always find a way to screw it up.

I know most Victorians are unaware of anything outside of Victoria buuuut WA teams travel across the country EVERY SECOND WEEK.

I'm not talking "oh no an away game three stops down the train line" its 4-5 hour fight across the country.

But hey, whatever. #victoriaforPM

Firstly, taking a flight isn't that bad.

Second, look at it like this- non-Vic teams get 10 real home games per year against genuine away teams. Win those 10 and you're almost guaranteed finals unless you're hopeless on the road. Bombers meanwhile, despite playing at MCG and Etihad 17 times, only play 3 "real" home games, meaning HGA is minimised for most of the year, reduced to neutral advantages.

tl;dr quit yo dogin

3 real home games... BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Looks to be 17......

Taking a flight isnt that bad... if you're going for a holiday... But if your gonna cover 15 kms in a game.. Then its going to take its toll.. Not just slightly for the game..... But recovery processes as well.

I don't really care that we travel.. as we need to to be in this competition as Perth is the most isolated city in the world...

But to say the AFL is trying to hand us a premiership is just hilarious and darn right embarrassing for anyone who suggests it.

Yep, this.

TeeJay

My Cats are the only Victorian team with a real home ground advantage.
We hardly use it against other Victorian clubs anyway though maybe 2 a year

Mailman the 2nd

Home ground advantage is only relevant to bad teams

quinny88

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on January 15, 2015, 05:06:53 PM

Not really?
All of the top teams with a home ground are a lot harder to beat at home than anywhere else.
Geelong, Sydney, Port, Freo

The_Captain

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on January 15, 2015, 05:06:53 PM

Just silly...

Rusty00

Quote from: Ringo on January 15, 2015, 01:59:54 PM
Quote from: elephants on January 14, 2015, 01:40:13 PM
Quote from: Nige on January 14, 2015, 01:29:21 PM
I think the AFL and trying to hand WCE a premiership. But they always find a way to screw it up.

I know most Victorians are unaware of anything outside of Victoria buuuut WA teams travel across the country EVERY SECOND WEEK.

I'm not talking "oh no an away game three stops down the train line" its 4-5 hour fight across the country.

We'll petition for the AFL to create teams in Broome and Port Hedland so that you guys don't have to travel outside of the state as much.  8)

Not what I was getting at but Broome is great :P
Can someone explain why the interstate teams also have to be the teams that travel to NZ and Tasmania.  Surely with with Hobart and Launceston being a short trip from Melbourne fixture could be arranged that 2 Victorian teams play there,
All about the money. The big drawing Victorian clubs will never play there as the AFL will lose to much revenue from the smaller capacities of the ground.

quinny88

Quote from: Rusty00 on January 16, 2015, 09:43:43 AM

We'll petition for the AFL to create teams in Broome and Port Hedland so that you guys don't have to travel outside of the state as much.  8)

Can someone explain why the interstate teams also have to be the teams that travel to NZ and Tasmania.  Surely with with Hobart and Launceston being a short trip from Melbourne fixture could be arranged that 2 Victorian teams play there,
All about the money. The big drawing Victorian clubs will never play there as the AFL will lose to much revenue from the smaller capacities of the ground.

Richmond play north in tassie this year but yeah you're right.
Interstate clubs aren't going to draw a crowd in Melbourne so why not play it at some of the boutique stadiums

Ringo

Quote from: quinny88 on January 16, 2015, 09:52:35 AM

Interstate clubs aren't going to draw a crowd in Melbourne so why not play it at some of the boutique stadiums
and add to their travel times by a couple of hours further decreasing match recovery time. Realise it is about money as far as the AFL is concerned but surely eveness of travel should also be taken into consideration,  Asking teams that travel every 2nd weeek to add additional travel is a little unfair imo.

quinny88

Quote from: Ringo on January 16, 2015, 02:52:21 PM

and add to their travel times by a couple of hours further decreasing match recovery time. Realise it is about money as far as the AFL is concerned but surely eveness of travel should also be taken into consideration,  Asking teams that travel every 2nd weeek to add additional travel is a little unfair imo.

A team flying from interstate to tassie as opposed to Melbourne would literally add about 15 minutes to the flight so not sure that it's a huge deal.

LF

Quote from: quinny88 on January 17, 2015, 12:41:51 PM
Quote from: Ringo on January 16, 2015, 02:52:21 PM

A team flying from interstate to tassie as opposed to Melbourne would literally add about 15 minutes to the flight so not sure that it's a huge deal.

There are no direct flights from Perth to Tassie so it's not an extra 15 minutes.
And just having a look it seems there are none from Brisbane to Tassie either.
You fly to Melbourne then jump on another plane to Tassie.

nrich102

The Victorian teams just need a handicap guys, and if they need it, they can have it.

The_Captain

Quote from: nrich102 on January 17, 2015, 04:37:45 PM
The Victorian teams just need a handicap guys, and if they need it, they can have it.

Interstate lyffff  8)