March 12th V Geelong at Simonds Stadium
March 21st V Port at AAMI Stadium

Pkbaldy

Quote from: Grazz on October 28, 2014, 01:23:08 PM
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-10-28/nab-challenge-fixture

April 5th V North Melbourne in Port Lincoln

Three 50 point losses to ease your way into the season  ;)

Grazz

Quote from: Pkbaldy on October 28, 2014, 10:37:48 PM
Quote from: Grazz on October 28, 2014, 01:23:08 PM
http://www.afc.com.au/news/2014-10-28/nab-challenge-fixture

April 5th V North Melbourne in Port Lincoln

Three 50 point losses to ease your way into the season  ;)

Haha yeh right, well flog all of them.  :P

powersuperkents

I don't see why they make Port & the Crows play pre-season. They already play twice each season and no matter what situation the teams are in, it's -90% of the time- always a great match. These pre-season showdowns are just bs that nobody cares about, it takes away from the significance of the match-up, they should just wait until the 2 showdowns

Grazz

Quote from: powersuperkents on October 29, 2014, 01:01:30 AM
I don't see why they make Port & the Crows play pre-season. They already play twice each season and no matter what situation the teams are in, it's -90% of the time- always a great match. These pre-season showdowns are just bs that nobody cares about, it takes away from the significance of the match-up, they should just wait until the 2 showdowns

I tend to agree, wether it's a money grab knowing they'll pack out the stadium or not im not sure, it could simply be a fixture thing or a way to reduce clubs expenses by not having to fly interstate for a comp that may or may not be all that important to them. Even the most one eyed of Crows or Port fans care little about the outcome a day after the game as the clubs are at different stages of their preparation for the season ahead whereas in a real showdown your hanging for the opportunity to square the ledger if you lost the 1st one and of course it counts in the showdown tally.

I think the AFL missed a good opportunity to have us go head to head on Anzac Day rather than you guys playing the Hawks. I reckon a showdown on Anzac Day would of added an extra dimension to what is already a very big day in SA.

GoLions

Quote from: Grazz on October 29, 2014, 02:07:20 AM
I think the AFL missed a good opportunity to have us go head to head on Anzac Day rather than you guys playing the Hawks. I reckon a showdown on Anzac Day would of added an extra dimension to what is already a very big day in SA.
Not exactly. Option A, they get 2 showdowns, and a blockbuster match ween Port and Hawks on Anzac Day. Option B, they have 2 showdowns, one of which being on Anzac day, and then a match between Port and the Hawks. The increase in crowd numbers by having Port/Hawks on Anzac Day IMO would be greater than the increase of having a showdown on Anzac Day.

Grazz

Showdowns are very well attended here, certainly be a sell out and have a great following by interstate viewers aswell. Not saying Port V hawks on Anzac day wouldn't be a sell out it most likely would be.
The first game where Port and the Hawks meet next year is always going to be a blockbuster regardless of it being Anzac Day or not.
I just thought these two clubs going head to head on a day such as Anzac Day with the history between the two clubs would be great and an advertisers dream. If you did a survey here id be confident there'd be more interest in Port V Crows than Port V Hawks on Anzac Day, could be wrong. Showdowns are huge in this state, easily the two biggest games of the year apart from the GF here in SA.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: GoLions on October 29, 2014, 02:11:24 AM
The increase in crowd numbers by having Port/Hawks on Anzac Day IMO would be greater than the increase of having a showdown on Anzac Day.

Actually the Port vs Hawthorn game this year was a sell out well in advance (52,505) which exceeded both the Showdown crowds (50,397 and 50,552).

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 29, 2014, 03:07:32 AM
The increase in crowd numbers by having Port/Hawks on Anzac Day IMO would be greater than the increase of having a showdown on Anzac Day.

Actually the Port vs Hawthorn game this year was a sell out well in advance (52,505) which exceeded both the Showdown crowds (50,397 and 50,552).

Yeh im aware of that as i checked the numbers after posting (52,233 was the number i found for Port V Hawthorn). The two showdowns were sell outs also. The ground holds 53,500 max capacity. I still feel the interest in SA would be greater for a showdown than Port v Hawks factoring in tv viewers on top of crowd attendance, could well be wrong.

GoLions

Quote from: Grazz on October 29, 2014, 03:45:00 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 29, 2014, 03:07:32 AM

Yeh im aware of that as i checked the numbers after posting (52,233 was the number i found for Port V Hawthorn). The two showdowns were sell outs also. The ground holds 53,500 max capacity. I still feel the interest in SA would be greater for a showdown than Port v Hawks factoring in tv viewers on top of crowd attendance, could well be wrong.
For some reason I thought it was gonna be at the MCG, and now I'm realizing that that wouldn't really be possible...(Pies/Dons)

Grazz

Yeh mate it's here in SA, it would easily draw more at the "G" i think they had close to 80k for the prelim.  Hawks playing Sydney on Anzac day would of been another big game to have on Anzac Day.