Main Menu

Annual Coaches Survey

Started by RaisyDaisy, July 03, 2014, 09:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

A few interesting points to come out of this

- 77% of coaches say Gary Ablett Jr is better than his father
- 87% think Ablett will win the Brownlow with only Pendlebury being the other player who has a chance

When asked on who they would recruit if they could get anyone
- Around a quarter of coaches nominated Joel Selwood, while Fyfe and Dangerfield (both 13%) where others to get mentioned

When asked on who would win The Premiership, only 5 clubs were nominated - Hawthorn, Sydney, Freo, Collingwood and Geelong. 33% said Sydney and 27% said Freo. No one said Port Adelaide

In regards to the Rising Star, Salem, Langdon and Impey all received 13% votes, while Aish, Daniher, Dunstan, LMac, KK and Kelly also got nominated

Full results of the Survey will be in this weeks Footy Record

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-07-03/better-than-dad

Torpedo10

I'm most surprised at the rising star vote.

Ringo

I am a little surprised by Rising Star as well but % here a little low anyway so anything can happen

Vinny

Yep surprised by the Rising Star, I'd probably take Fyfe over Jelly just but both superstars. I don't think Port will win the flag but slightly shocked not one person mentioned them.

Also would Scott have said Geelong, Hinkley said Port or Lyon said Freo? :P

tbagrocks

Geelong and Collingwood ::)  Sando wouldn't say Port which means the vics are still flogging bias hacks ::)

GoLions

Quote from: tbagrocks on July 03, 2014, 06:01:13 PM
Geelong and Collingwood ::)  Sando wouldn't say Port which means the vics are still flogging bias hacks ::)
Omfg. NOBODY thought Port would win the GF. That includes the coaches from every single other state (WA, SA, QLD, NSW) as well.

Port are going to have to beat a top team at the MCG (not the AO) to win the GF, and while I think they are a top 4 team, I can't see them beating any of Hawks, Swans, Freo, and perhaps the Cats or the Pies at the MCG.

Back to the article, I am also extremely surprised with the Rising Star votes, thought Aish, Dunstan, Lmac, and Taylor would all be right up there with Langdon

Grazz

Seems a bit of the media think Port are cooked, find it hard off the back of a Showdown they come to that. Showdowns are a big deal to the players i cant express it , where you are on the ladder don't mean much so i'm not even marking Port down for that one. I expect Essendon to give Port a hard time but they'll bounce back at home. Haven't seen anything to suggest the Power is falling off.  Ports training with Burgess is no secret they've got more work in and traditionally that can hurt you at the backend of a season, may still happen but seen nothing of it yet and Burgess and co are well skilled and confident in their approach, will take a couple more games before we know atleast. Another thing i pick a bone with is winning at the G ain't a problem for the interstate teams with a chance at the flag.

GoLions

Quote from: Grazz on July 05, 2014, 02:27:29 AM
Seems a bit of the media think Port are cooked, find it hard off the back of a Showdown they come to that. Showdowns are a big deal to the players i cant express it , where you are on the ladder don't mean much so i'm not even marking Port down for that one. I expect Essendon to give Port a hard time but they'll bounce back at home. Haven't seen anything to suggest the Power is falling off.  Ports training with Burgess is no secret they've got more work in and traditionally that can hurt you at the backend of a season, may still happen but seen nothing of it yet and Burgess and co are well skilled and confident in their approach, will take a couple more games before we know atleast. Another thing i pick a bone with is winning at the G ain't a problem for the interstate teams with a chance at the flag.
I'm not saying they're dropping off, but the only teams they have beaten away from home are Carlton, Dees, GWS, and the Eagles, with all of those teams being outside the top 10. I am very confident that they will make the prelims, and still a good chance to make the GF, but just feel the Hawks, Swans, and Dockers are much more proven at the G and IMO still a bit ahead of Port when they're not playing at the AO

tbagrocks

Quote from: GoLions16 on July 05, 2014, 01:54:54 AM
Omfg. NOBODY thought Port would win the GF. That includes the coaches from every single other state (WA, SA, QLD, NSW) as well.

Port are going to have to beat a top team at the MCG (not the AO) to win the GF, and while I think they are a top 4 team, I can't see them beating any of Hawks, Swans, Freo, and perhaps the Cats or the Pies at the MCG.

Back to the article, I am also extremely surprised with the Rising Star votes, thought Aish, Dunstan, Lmac, and Taylor would all be right up there with Langdon
You missed the point, oh my flowering science!

Geelong and Collingwood in the final? Over Port non the less  :o

JBs-Hawks

People dont rate Port because finals are alot different to regular season. They will do alright and maybe make the Prelim, but they arent a premiership threat.

Noz

Surprised by the amount of coaches that want Selwood, Fyfe and Dangerfield ahead of Wingard, Suppose he was removed from that option because it was just that obvious

tor01doc

This is from the guy who calls tex the 'great' man.

Essendon play tonight?