Main Menu

Champion Data Brownlow Count

Started by _wato, July 10, 2014, 12:02:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

_wato

Thought this is interesting.. Ablett could well have enough based on these votes, but then again these are based on stats. Thoughts?

CATCH ME IF YOU CAN ( Source: CHAMPION DATA)

24 - Gary Ablett (GC)

19 - Nat Fyfe (Frem)*

15 - Tom Liberatore (WB), Scott Pendlebury (Coll)

13 - Jimmy Bartel (Geel), Steve Johnson (Geel)*

12 Matt Priddis (WC), Joel Selwood (Geel), Aaron Sandilands (Frem), Marc Murphy (Carl), Sam Jacobs (Adel)

11 - Josh Kennedy (Syd), Travis Boak (PA), Nick Dal Santo (NM), Shane Mumford (GWS), Bryce Gibbs (Carl)

10 - Brent Harvey (NM), Callan Ward (GWS), David Zaharakis (Ess), Tom Rockliff (Bris)*, Rory Sloane (Adel)

* denotes ineligible

Jukes

No way Pendles and JPK are that low, CD are bias

RaisyDaisy

I was watching 360 last night, and they had the votes done by CD, as well as 3-4 other stations/places and CD was the only that was like this. All the other places had the voting so much closer, and most of them had JPK right behind Gaz

JPK and Pendles in right behind, and one place even had JPK in front IIRC

Ricochet

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on July 10, 2014, 07:39:54 AM
I was watching 360 last night, and they had the votes done by CD, as well as 3-4 other stations/places and CD was the only that was like this. All the other places had the voting so much closer, and most of them had JPK right behind Gaz

JPK and Pendles in right behind, and one place even had JPK in front IIRC
JPK in front of GaJ??

Mailman the 2nd

He wouldn't be in front, but he and Pendles would be much closer than CD says

The_Captain

id say gaz would be on roughly 25... And could see JPk and Pendles being around 17-19 somewhere. Still could be enough to win. Would say there the only other 2 who are good enough to catch...

AaronKirk

CD in the last few years have been off the pace.

They put too much emphasis on ranking points (SC points) when awarding votes, which skews the voting projections.

Plus they don't put a great emphasis on voting history or the match result- which are critical in the ways umps interpret the votes.

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on July 10, 2014, 11:15:04 AM
He wouldn't be in front, but he and Pendles would be much closer than CD says

Agreed. As per my projections I have GAJ on 24 and Pendles on 20.