Dylan Buckley (SOJ)

Started by Slammer, April 01, 2014, 10:29:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slammer

Anyone looking at this guy.
As a Carlton supporter I watched him closely against Richmond and I thought he had a terrific game.
Has great pace and his awareness and run from backline was impressive.
I still have J.Martin on the bench and need to offload him this week.
Thinking I may take a risk and grab Buckley early. Only concern is Walker coming back and stealing his possessions.

Jroo

Carlton rate Buckley, surprised he wasn't named round one, as if he was I would've picked him.
I reckon he played well last week.
You need to trade out Martin, what other rookies do you have?
Maybe you could trade him to M.Thomas/ Tyson?

GCSkiwi

Quote from: JROO8 on April 01, 2014, 10:47:29 AM
Carlton rate Buckley, surprised he wasn't named round one, as if he was I would've picked him.
I reckon he played well last week.
You need to trade out Martin, what other rookies do you have?
Maybe you could trade him to M.Thomas/ Tyson?

Yeah if you don't have any of Tyson, Polec or Thomas they would be my top 3 to bring in for an injured player

Keeper27

no chance. got my mid rookies set up already.

Slammer

Have Polec, Tyson, Ellis, Michie and Dunstan as my current mid rookies so ok really.
My fwd line is the issue with McDonough  and Rohan.
Not too mention also have Hurn and Mitchell along with Laidler.

B: Mitchell, Swallow, McVeigh, Hurn, McDonald, Langdon (Langford, Laidler)
M: Ablett, Libba, Murphy, Beams, Polec, tyson, Ellis, Dunstan (Michie, MARTIN)
R: Minson, Sandi (Thurlow, Currie)
F: Danger, Martin, Pav, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan (McDonough, JHK)

$242K

Doggoneit

As your team currently stands you need to have Langdon and Langford on the field and hope that Mitchell plays

I think 1 trade must be made to fix backs even if Mitchell plays - Hurn must go as he is out for 6+ weeks

You also have to field either Rohan or JHK - this is a hole that should be fixed also

I would leave Martin and potentially trade to Buckley the week after as you still have strength on the field in the mids

Slammer

Thanks mate. Yeah thinking out of left field I might go Hurn to Jansch and then McDonough or Rohan to Zorko

RaisyDaisy

Mick said he was very stiff to miss rd1. I reckon he should get games and ill be keeping a close eye on him

Doggoneit

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on April 01, 2014, 10:19:25 PM
Mick said he was very stiff to miss rd1. I reckon he should get games and ill be keeping a close eye on him

Yes - it is unusual for Mick to praise a player like he did - I can remember a 1st gamer for the Pies who played pretty well. When a Journo suggested to Mick he should be happy with that kid Mick tore strips off him.

If he reproduces last weeks effort he may very well find his way into my team too.

hawkers65

Wish he got up round 1! Had him for the few weeks leading up to round 1 but took him out for Cunningham instead. Cunningham is solid, but seems to have great first halves only to slow down in the second for an average score. Would love to have Buckley in there but certainly no worth the trade. Lets hope Cunningham can string a whole game together and then we will start seeing some 90+ games and a great POD rookie for me.

RaisyDaisy

Just in case anyone still has Buckley in their team, he is injured and is out for 6 weeks so you would want to trade him out

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-12/broken-hand-hits-young-blue-buckley-for-six

Deadly6

Quote from: RaisyDaisy on June 12, 2014, 10:58:51 AM
Just in case anyone still has Buckley in their team, he is injured and is out for 6 weeks so you would want to trade him out

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-06-12/broken-hand-hits-young-blue-buckley-for-six

He was due to drop 10K so it is handy he is not playing (for us, not him) and we can trade him at a suitable time.