trade rohan or trade clurey

Started by eaglesman, April 05, 2014, 01:17:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

now that rohan is sub ....

do i go rohan to ambrose or clurey to georgiou???

Jackross10

HotTiges

Cluery's my loophole guy for Langford/Langdon.. Rohan, wow.. it had to happen..

foolysik

GoLions

Bully

Quote from: foolysik on April 05, 2014, 01:20:46 PM
easy - Rohan to Ambrose

Not so easy, beyond this week there will be few sideways trades available for Clurey, one might be stuck with him indefinitely. Rohan on the other hand can be sideways traded to Ambrose, Fasolo & potentially Bock if he's right to go in the near future. The other point is that Rohan is at least playing, Clurey is not. If Sydney cop an early injury and Rohan scores 60, then his value increases. Gotta play the odds here.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Bully on April 05, 2014, 01:24:56 PM
easy - Rohan to Ambrose

Not so easy, beyond this week there will be few sideways trades available for Clurey, one might be stuck with him indefinitely. Rohan on the other hand can be sideways traded to Ambrose, Fasolo & potentially Bock if he's right to go in the near future. The other point is that Rohan is at least playing, Clurey is not. If Sydney cop an early injury and Rohan scores 60, then his value increases. Gotta play the odds here.

Agree. Seems to be some decent options in coming weeks to replace Rohan. Would think Clurey to Georgiou should be made as a matter of priority.

eaglesman

easy - Rohan to Ambrose

this is my thinking ... but i do only have taylor and impey as f6 from here on :/

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on April 05, 2014, 01:32:05 PM
easy - Rohan to Ambrose

this is my thinking ... but i do only have taylor and impey as f6 from here on :/

Taylor should still pump out 60's from here, he notched up 19 touches in his first full hit out. I've made no secret of the fact that Taylor is one of my personal favourites, I have full confidence he can nail down the F6 role.

eaglesman

Quote from: Bully on April 05, 2014, 01:36:30 PM
easy - Rohan to Ambrose

Taylor should still pump out 60's from here, he notched up 19 touches in his first full hit out. I've made no secret of the fact that Taylor is one of my personal favourites, I have full confidence he can nail down the F6 role.

Mate I love Taylor and I think he has the potential to go 70s from here maybe beyong ... but gee he looks likely for the vest?

Bully

Quote from: eaglesman on April 05, 2014, 01:40:46 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 05, 2014, 01:36:30 PM
easy - Rohan to Ambrose

Mate I love Taylor and I think he has the potential to go 70s from here maybe beyong ... but gee he looks likely for the vest?

It's a slight risk but if you're worried then field Impey. I'd be surprised if Leppa subbed him again, he was far from Brisbane's worst on the weekend and didn't have much of an impact when he did play sub. I guess it's just a wait and see approach. But back to the original dilemma, there's no point holding onto Clurey, you'll just back yourself into a corner by carrying a non-playing rookie.

foolysik

Gotta play the odds here.
[/quote]
What if Clurey plays next week and Rohan dropped. Missing out on Ambrose prise rise, to sideways trade next week - doesn't make sense

Bully

Quote from: foolysik on April 05, 2014, 01:48:39 PM
Gotta play the odds here.
What if Clurey plays next week and Rohan dropped. Missing out on Ambrose prise rise, to sideways trade next week - doesn't make sense
[/quote]

Can't see Clurey returning anytime soon, and it works both ways, one also misses Georgiou's price rise as well. Irrespective of what happens this week, Rohan will be offloaded by most in the longrun, Fasolo is an option, Ambrose will still be an option and Bock may come into the frame.