Even though he has been named, will Tom Hickey play this week?

Started by ben_020285, April 04, 2014, 07:56:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 02:47:29 PM
Is he though? Its only been two games and he started last year in a similar fashion

He did but he also played down back for the most part, I think he's good for a 95 avg which is definitely worthy of a keepers spot.

Ricochet

Quote from: tkringle on April 04, 2014, 02:49:59 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 12:24:03 PM
Quote from: tor01doc on April 04, 2014, 12:16:23 PM
$126K vs $76K price rise over the next 2 weeks.

It's Thomas you can't afford to MISS.
This mate.

Doesn't it depend on whether you think Swallow is a keeper..? if so, you would go with the swallow trade as whilst the price rise might be a little less ($50K over next two using the above figures) it costs you one less trade as Thomas wont be a keeper..
Yeh but you also have to consider how many trades and how much cash you'll use to bring in the Midfield Keeper on the other side.

Bully

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 02:54:21 PM

This mate.

Doesn't it depend on whether you think Swallow is a keeper..? if so, you would go with the swallow trade as whilst the price rise might be a little less ($50K over next two using the above figures) it costs you one less trade as Thomas wont be a keeper..
Yeh but you also have to consider how many trades and how much cash you'll use to bring in the Midfield Keeper on the other side.

Thomas is a good option and will make some quick dough, but so too will Buckley & possibly Crouch. These guys are coming from a lower base too, they only need to average 75 and they have made the same cash as Thomas. If there was nothing on the horizon I'd say definitely go the Thomas option but the aim of the game should be to use as many trades on keepers as is humanly possible.

tor01doc

You're proposing Suckling + Michie -> Swallow + Thomas?

That'll need about $194900 extra.

Do you have that much?

If so, then go for it.

ben_020285

Quote from: tor01doc on April 04, 2014, 03:01:14 PM

Do you have that much?

If so, then go for it.

Yes that's what I'm proposing and I have $238000.

My worry with it though as stated in the OP is that if Hickey is a late withdrawal then I will cop a donut which is less than ideal.

mabo

I have Hampson but the question marks around Hickey's toe and the fact that Longer flew over with them as well - makes me way too leery of trading to Hickey.

I'll likely hold him for a week and just take the lesser score via Currie.

Bully

Quote from: ben_020285 on April 04, 2014, 03:04:38 PM

Do you have that much?

If so, then go for it.

My worry with it though as stated in the OP is that if Hickey is a late withdrawal then I will cop a donut which is less than ideal.

Don't move on Thomas until Saturday morning, I think you will have sufficient time to make a decision one way or the other. Usually late withdrawls are announced several hours before the match. Grab Swallow though, I think he's the best option irrespective of when they are playing.

crowls

where is the info on hickey coming from.
Just dg ryder to hickey to generate cash.
Also had option of dixon to thomas or zorko.  went zorko as I think he will be top 10 fwd this year.

long term I wanted ryder to nicnat but still questions over nicnat.  but bloody hell if hickey goes out I may as well just go straight to nicnat and not weight till byes

tor01doc

Do you have that much?

If so, then go for it.

Can you afford Michie to Thomas this week - leaves you a donut sparing trade if needed - and then grab Swallow from Suckling next week?

Ricochet

Quote from: Bully on April 04, 2014, 03:00:51 PM

This mate.

Thomas is a good option and will make some quick dough, but so too will Buckley & possibly Crouch. These guys are coming from a lower base too, they only need to average 75 and they have made the same cash as Thomas. If there was nothing on the horizon I'd say definitely go the Thomas option but the aim of the game should be to use as many trades on keepers as is humanly possible.
But that's 2 weeks down the track and anything can happen in that time, especially with rookies. By the time Crouch is on the bubble Thomas is projected to have already made 130k and that is if he is only scoring 80s. What if MThomas does a Barlow?
If Swallow hits Premo status your only missing out on 100-150k right now. Thomas could make that in the next 2 weeks alone. Then there's the cash that Suckling makes as well.

So if Swallow turns into a Premo he will cost 500-550 k. Which is a 100-150k price rise
Right now Suckers to Swallow costs you 120k.
We'd expect Suckers to make 50-100k
Which means there are two options

a) Trade Suckers to Swallow now and costs you 110k

b) Trade later and costs you 50-100k
but you know for sure that Swallow is a keeper and you have generated a lot more cash from your mid rookies

ben_020285

Quote from: Bully on April 04, 2014, 03:10:12 PM

Do you have that much?

If so, then go for it.

Don't move on Thomas until Saturday morning, I think you will have sufficient time to make a decision one way or the other. Usually late withdrawls are announced several hours before the match. Grab Swallow though, I think he's the best option irrespective of when they are playing.

Yeah will definitely wait until the last minute before the Tigers game if I decide to bring in M Thomas. Yeah Swallow definitely the better option.

ben_020285

Quote from: tor01doc on April 04, 2014, 03:14:33 PM

Do you have that much?

If so, then go for it.

Can you afford Michie to Thomas this week - leaves you a donut sparing trade if needed - and then grab Swallow from Suckling next week?

It would be very tight and dependent on what Suckling and Swallow score this week. I may need to trade out Gunston next week too depending on how he goes this week so will need some cash left over to do that.

Bully

Quote from: Ricochet on April 04, 2014, 03:20:20 PM
Quote from: Bully on April 04, 2014, 03:00:51 PM

This mate.

But that's 2 weeks down the track and anything can happen in that time, especially with rookies. By the time Crouch is on the bubble Thomas is projected to have already made 130k and that is if he is only scoring 80s. What if MThomas does a Barlow?
If Swallow hits Premo status your only missing out on 100-150k right now. Thomas could make that in the next 2 weeks alone. Then there's the cash that Suckling makes as well.

So if Swallow turns into a Premo he will cost 500-550 k. Which is a 100-150k price rise
Right now Suckers to Swallow costs you 120k.
We'd expect Suckers to make 50-100k
Which means there are two options

a) Trade Suckers to Swallow now and costs you 110k

b) Trade later and costs you 50-100k
but you know for sure that Swallow is a keeper and you have generated a lot more cash from your mid rookies

Given the circumstances I think it's better to make the Swallow call early, after all in a perfect world we would want both trades to occur.As Hawthorn play tonight the decision must be made early on Swallow, I say go for it and hope Hickey gets up, which he should given he's flown over. Throwing away the opportunity to grab both players on the grounds that Thomas is a marginally better alternative (and that's debatable) is not playing the odds in my opinion. The best case scenarion and the most likely IMO is that both players wind up in the team. A win-win but with suitable safeguards in case Hickey doesn't get up.

tor01doc

Yes. Bully for you!

You got the money, then go for the 2 trades. Will be best financially and pointswise.

Just hope Hickey plays.