Pre teams being named advic seeked PLEASE! Doing my head in!

Started by Blues Blues Blues, April 03, 2014, 01:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blues Blues Blues

Hi all,

I know there are a million threads asking for advice about players and what trades to do, and I have been reading them all with interest, but if wanted to add another one (sorry in advance for clogging up board)! I know teams are yet to be named, and my thoughts may drastically changed after they are announced, but I wanted to get in early.

Ok, I really want Swallow, Zorko and M Thomas in my team. I'm trying to think which to get as I can't get them all, and how.

Zorko - tackling and pressure machine, but will he stay in mids with Rocky back?
Swallow - number 1 draft pick blossoming?
Thomas - thriving on 2nd chance, and will make coin?

Team is:

Def: Mcveigh, Simpson, Mitchell, Suckling, Langdon, Georgiu (Webster, Clurey)
Mid: GAJ, Pendles, Rocky, Beams, Tyson, Polec, Ellis, McDonald (Michie, Dunstan)
Ruc: Nic Nat, Sandi (Currie, King)
Fwd: Danger, Dusty, Roughy, Titchell, Higgins, Taylor (Rohan, Impey)

I have 30 trades and $77k to burn!

Option 1 - save trades and get Thomas who should make money
Option 2 - get Swallow and take punt on KK scoring well even though only playing 1 game
Option 3 - same as 2, taking a punt on Buckley after 1 game, but should have good JS seeing Mick likes him and we are playing like muppets
Option 4 - I get 2 of my men, but I am trading a premo!

Thoughts would be MUCH appreciated!

GCSkiwi

Who would you trade out to get these guys in? The only real option I see is Webster out for Thomas via McDonald, and thats quite sideways. How would you get Swallow or Zorko in there?

PICCOLLO

Swallow in for webster.
The rest of your team is good. Sit on it.

Bully

Best thing would be Rohan to Ambrose, then Clurey out, McDonald to defence, Thomas to the mids.

Blues Blues Blues

Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 03, 2014, 02:05:17 PM
Who would you trade out to get these guys in? The only real option I see is Webster out for Thomas via McDonald, and thats quite sideways. How would you get Swallow or Zorko in there?

If I want Swallow, I need a downgrade. Either downgrade Webster to KK or Buckley, OR roughy to Zorko mate which is REALLY tempting me...

Quote from: PICCOLLO on April 03, 2014, 02:20:34 PM
Swallow in for webster.

Can't afford it, need a downgrade as well so 2 trades needed unfortunately mate  :-\

Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2014, 02:31:01 PM
Best thing would be Rohan to Ambrose, then Clurey out, McDonald to defence, Thomas to the mids.

Cheers Bully, definitely an option. Rohan is sh1te and Ambrose looks good. But I miss Swallow and Zorko?  :-\

Bully

Quote from: Blues Blues Blues on April 03, 2014, 05:12:19 PM
Quote from: GCSkiwi on April 03, 2014, 02:05:17 PM

If I want Swallow, I need a downgrade. Either downgrade Webster to KK or Buckley, OR roughy to Zorko mate which is REALLY tempting me...

Quote from: PICCOLLO on April 03, 2014, 02:20:34 PM
Swallow in for webster.

Can't afford it, need a downgrade as well so 2 trades needed unfortunately mate  :-\

Quote from: Bully on April 03, 2014, 02:31:01 PM

Cheers Bully, definitely an option. Rohan is sh1te and Ambrose looks good. But I miss Swallow and Zorko?  :-\

Carrying Clurey will cost you $$$ in the long run, Thomas will make 120k over the next 2 weeks. Both Zorko & Swallow can still be brought in, just not this week. At the very least, Webster & Suckling will make money for you, not as much as Swallow & Zork but that should be balanced out by having Thomas & ridding yourself of a non-scoring rookie.

SydneyRox

did anyone mention you should probably chill until teams get named?

KK, Rohan, Ambrose etc may not get named.

If they do, Option 2 for me.

Bully

Quote from: SydneyRox on April 03, 2014, 05:43:47 PM
did anyone mention you should probably chill until teams get named?

KK, Rohan, Ambrose etc may not get named.

If they do, Option 2 for me.

No way Ambrose gets dropped, and I can't see the point in carrying a non-scoring rookie, seems counterproductive to any plans for future upgrades.

Goose

without sideways trading I can't see a way you can get both Zorko and Swallow this week.

you can get Thomas by Webster via McDonald but there's no point going Roughead - Zorko. Yes Zorko has started like a house on fire and see why he is appealing, but I highly doubt he will be able to keep it up all season. What are people going to do when he puts in a 60 odd score? trade him off for what a 50k price rise and that's 2-3 trades wasted. You picked Roughy for a reason as a keeper so one bad game isn't enough to cut him. Every Year a player has 2 great games or so to start the year and everyone wants to jump on board, then when they do they cop more attention/get injured or their role changes and all of a sudden your stuck sideways trading even more. eg Westhoff last year

Your best bet is probably Webster - Thomas and Rohan - Ambrose ( if named ) pocket the cash for next week.

Then you can grab KK on the bubble and upgrade say Suckling - Swallow? or even Higgins - Zorko?

Take it one week at a time you don't have to rush these players into your side because of 2 good games. Yeah you might pay abit extra for them but at least then you have abit more information to go by. Say you bring Swallow in this week and he goes down then what? Your stuck burning another trade and so on.

Blues Blues Blues