Rhyce Shaw

Started by LaHug, April 04, 2014, 03:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LaHug

Still thoroughly confused by SC scoring but started with Rhyce Shaw and thought it was a genius move after his solid round 1... Then, despite 14 disposals, he only managed 18 in round 2.

My question is, do I trade him?

I'm thinking of going Shaw to Jaensch but that means I have to keep Michie this week.
Other trade would be McDonough to Ambrose but that still leaves me fielding one of Rohan/Impey/Ambrose as F6...

Thoughts?

HotTiges

Go for it.Jaensch has a SC friendly role and Shaw has some ordinary scoring

Bully

Shaw has been a dud for 5 years, cut your losses and trade ASAP.

LaHug

Yeah, cheers mate, that's what I was thinking. I really want to go Michie to Matt Thomas though... Could it even be worth missing out on Ambrose and grabbing Thomas for Michie and Jaensch for Shaw? Or should I just miss out on Thomas?

Spite

Quote from: LaHug on April 04, 2014, 03:49:37 PM
Still thoroughly confused by SC scoring but started with Rhyce Shaw and thought it was a genius move after his solid round 1... Then, despite 14 disposals, he only managed 18 in round 2.

I'm thinking of going Shaw to Jaensch but that means I have to keep Michie this week.
Other trade would be McDonough to Ambrose but that still leaves me fielding one of Rohan/Impey/Ambrose as F6...

Thoughts?

Mate, he had 14 possessions for around 9 clangers (off the top of my head). With clangers worth -4, you're good at maths, 18 was generous for his impact on the game :P

Shaw to jaensch is easy and a great move. You can leave michie this week and get bucley/kelly/crouch next week.
McDonough to ambrose is fine too (or lewy taylor) but the forward rookies are in short supply.

Get matt thomas for michie only if you can afford fasolo for mcdonough OR you're perfectly happy trading mcdonough next week to ambrose as they will be roughly the same price.

shaker

That is a rubbish score from Shaw trade sounds good but is there anyone you would like to get in for Michie ? , as for Ambrose a lot of people are jumping on him just would be a bit concerned with his JS with Winderlich named on the field see final teams tonight before doing that one

LaHug

So just realised I have no cash in the bank so can only afford Jaensch or Thomas, not both... quite unfortunate!

Quote from: Bully on April 04, 2014, 03:55:49 PM

Was his 91 in round 1 just a fluke?

Quote from: Spite on April 04, 2014, 04:01:52 PM

Thoughts?

Mate, he had 14 possessions for around 9 clangers (off the top of my head). With clangers worth -4, you're good at maths, 18 was generous for his impact on the game :P

Shaw to jaensch is easy and a great move. You can leave michie this week and get bucley/kelly/crouch next week.
McDonough to ambrose is fine too (or lewy taylor) but the forward rookies are in short supply.

Get matt thomas for michie only if you can afford fasolo for mcdonough OR you're perfectly happy trading mcdonough next week to ambrose as they will be roughly the same price.

So is it fair to assume he'll continue to have that many clangers or was that just unfortunate? You turn even 5 clangers into 5 effective kicks and he's scored 58 instead (which, now that I write it down, is still piss poor).
Also, as I just figured out, I can't afford to get Matt Thomas if I also get Jaensch.

Quote from: shaker on April 04, 2014, 04:02:37 PM
That is a rubbish score from Shaw trade sounds good but is there anyone you would like to get in for Michie ? , as for Ambrose a lot of people are jumping on him just would be a bit concerned with his JS with Winderlich named on the field see final teams tonight before doing that one
Would love to get Thomas but can't afford him unless I don't get Jaensch (which is looking like a must do move!). Also concerned about Ambrose's JS but not much I can do because I can't afford the other trade I wanted to make!

Already got Lewy Taylor in the mids, too, if anyone's wondering.

Bully

Quote from: LaHug on April 04, 2014, 04:12:31 PM
So just realised I have no cash in the bank so can only afford Jaensch or Thomas, not both... quite unfortunate!

Quote from: Bully on April 04, 2014, 03:55:49 PM

Was his 91 in round 1 just a fluke?

Quote from: Spite on April 04, 2014, 04:01:52 PM

Thoughts?

So is it fair to assume he'll continue to have that many clangers or was that just unfortunate? You turn even 5 clangers into 5 effective kicks and he's scored 58 instead (which, now that I write it down, is still piss poor).
Also, as I just figured out, I can't afford to get Matt Thomas if I also get Jaensch.

Quote from: shaker on April 04, 2014, 04:02:37 PM
Would love to get Thomas but can't afford him unless I don't get Jaensch (which is looking like a must do move!). Also concerned about Ambrose's JS but not much I can do because I can't afford the other trade I wanted to make!

Already got Lewy Taylor in the mids, too, if anyone's wondering.

The 91 wasn't a fluke just don't expect an average anywhere near that, he's good for about 70, comparable to a rookie so steer clear.

Spite

I guess you need to pass on thomas then :/ Grab Jaensch and maybe turn mcdonough to buckley then via lewy taylor DPP?

I think his 9 clangers was abnormally high for him, but Harry Lumumba had 7 and sometimes I thought they were playing kick to kick

LaHug

Quote from: Spite on April 04, 2014, 04:35:34 PM
I guess you need to pass on thomas then :/ Grab Jaensch and maybe turn mcdonough to buckley then via lewy taylor DPP?

I think his 9 clangers was abnormally high for him, but Harry Lumumba had 7 and sometimes I thought they were playing kick to kick

The other option would be to still ditch Shaw but miss out on Jaensch. I could go Shaw to Langford instead and go Michie or McDonough to Thomas. It's all a matter of who's worse to miss out on... Jaensch or Thomas.

djbics

Just be a little careful with Matt Thomas, with Daniel Jackson coming back into the side there is a chance his scoring output may be affected, I look at his stats over a fair number of years at Port Adelaide and it worries me that he may very well be having a false dawn and could go back to a 70/80 average (at his price this isn't a bad thing but just worth considering)

Spite

Quote from: LaHug on April 04, 2014, 04:42:57 PM

The other option would be to still ditch Shaw but miss out on Jaensch. I could go Shaw to Langford instead and go Michie or McDonough to Thomas. It's all a matter of who's worse to miss out on... Jaensch or Thomas.

Or shaw to langford and via dpp viv to jaensch using a backmens DPP?

So many options!!!!!!

LaHug

Quote from: djbics on April 04, 2014, 04:48:37 PM
Just be a little careful with Matt Thomas, with Daniel Jackson coming back into the side there is a chance his scoring output may be affected, I look at his stats over a fair number of years at Port Adelaide and it worries me that he may very well be having a false dawn and could go back to a 70/80 average (at his price this isn't a bad thing but just worth considering)

Yeah, I don't expect him to keep scoring around the 120 mark. However, his B/E is -100 so a score of 80ish would still be perfect!

Quote from: Spite on April 04, 2014, 04:57:47 PM
Quote from: LaHug on April 04, 2014, 04:42:57 PM

Or shaw to langford and via dpp viv to jaensch using a backmens DPP?

So many options!!!!!!

Haha, too much to consider!

Is the difference in points between Jaensch and Langdon going to be more than the difference between Thomas and Dunstan?
And, if it is, will it be by enough to outweigh the extra cash that a Thomas/Langford combo would make than a Jaensch/Ambrose combo?
Will Laird and Hartigan returning hurt Jaensch? Will Jackson returning hurt Thomas (maybe not this week but next week when Lids returns as well)?
Finally, is Ambrose's JS any good? Is Langford's?

MelbEagle

Shaw is getting the a$$ out of my team if he doesn't pull his head in this week..