Why you should keep M. Wright!

Started by Nickiller999, April 03, 2014, 11:31:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nickiller999

Lots of people are jumping off Matty Wright and even though Zorko looks "Magnificent" I reckon SuperCoachers should be looking at bringing him in another way. Thought I would give my 2 cents as to why I'm keeping him.
1. You brought him in for his pre season scores. He did amazingly in pre season and it shouldn't be forgotten (for now).
2. In the game against Geelong, Wright gathered the ball the 31 times and was second on field with most disposals.
3. He has a new role. He clearly ins't playing the run with job any more. Kerridge has the main tagging role and Sanderson is happy with how Kerridge is going.
4. Adelaide have faced 2 potential top 4 sides in the first two rounds and after this game against Sydney they will face St Kilda, Gaints, Dogs, Demons, Pies, Carlton & Suns. That could leave the Crows 8-2, 7-3, 6-4 or even 5-5 but it still allows for a greater SuperCoach score for all player in the Crows with an easy draw.
5. The Texan will be back eventually which will give the Crows mids a target and hopefully raise the efficiency around the board. Also should equal less turnovers.
Hope this helps a bit on the most important week in SuperCoach

elephants

Yeah I see where you're coming from mate, this is the main concern for most people though.

@FantasyFreako "Matthew Wright made way for Douglas last week attending just 4 centre bounces, down from 16 in round 1"

In saying that, I don't have him in SC!

PICCOLLO

Beat me to it elephants.

Wrighty's disposal isn't good enough to be playing in the guts. Douglas effectively replaced him last week. He'll prob get more time in the middle against lesser sides but that won't be his last 50.

When the Texan returns, i'd suggest Danger will attend more centre clearances as the fwd line won't need him as much.

I've got alot of love for Wrighty bcos he isnt a one way player but Douglas, Sloane, Danger are the main guns in there.

One point you missed is with Crouch injured, maybe he'll get more mid time?

MC

I have him in SC draft but never would have picked him for normal SC purposes. Too much of a scary prospect.

Diesels Pups

Have him and yes was a risk. Happy to stick with him to  make a bit of coin hopefully and Dixon is my out this week which is another risk. Living by the sword, go me...lol