Matt Thomas

Started by eski_liddr, April 01, 2014, 05:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eski_liddr

Needing a midfielder and looking at matty thomas, don't know much about the bloke. Anyone's thoughts on the guy is appreciated, will trade honeychurch. Going for overall

BigMac_93

I think his scores could drop down a bit with Jackson set to play this weekend but will still get you a healthy price rise. Has looked really good so far and racks up contested possessions and tackles.

Bully

Quote from: BigMac_93 on April 01, 2014, 06:54:52 PM
I think his scores could drop down a bit with Jackson set to play this weekend but will still get you a healthy price rise. Has looked really good so far and racks up contested possessions and tackles.

I think he'll hit 450k, and should do it quickly.

Samm79

In terms of price rise remember this week's score counts 3 times, as does that of the first two rounds combined. He needs to keep it going, and if he gives you a 60-70, which historically is more likely than another ton his next 3 price rises will not be as great as those trading him in are hoping.

Proceed with caution. This trade could very much come back to bite many in the backside.

Holz

If you trade him In i think you need to be prepared for just above rookie scores (he is priced at that), so 75-80 for the next few rounds would be an alright result. I think he can score about that.

Will make quick money and be that stepping stone to a premo hopefully round 8.

HotTiges

Posted in a number of threads about Thomo and I'll say it again.Brilliant pick up.Mag medallist from last season and is chomping at the bit with a 2nd chance. Has improved his ball use, working hard in the tackling department and adds experience to the midfield.Will Jacko affect his scores? Doubt it, if any it will help him.. Ellis will probably drop back to half back and possibly a half back defensive role rather then in the middle..I'd be shocked if Thomas scores less then 75-80.. I have Michie on the bench and even considering tossing him out for Thomo and bench Ellis or Dunsten

eski_liddr

Quote from: HotTiges on April 01, 2014, 08:33:49 PM
Posted in a number of threads about Thomo and I'll say it again.Brilliant pick up.Mag medallist from last season and is chomping at the bit with a 2nd chance. Has improved his ball use, working hard in the tackling department and adds experience to the midfield.Will Jacko affect his scores? Doubt it, if any it will help him.. Ellis will probably drop back to half back and possibly a half back defensive role rather then in the middle..I'd be shocked if Thomas scores less then 75-80.. I have Michie on the bench and even considering tossing him out for Thomo and bench Ellis or Dunsten

thanks was unsure but I believe his a better choice than honeychurch and need the coin

kilbluff1985

will make some good cash but JS is a bit to shaky for me

roti

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 03, 2014, 12:15:50 AM

He won't get dropped if he keep this form up no way, the role he plays on the other hand..

FonFatty

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on April 03, 2014, 12:15:50 AM
He will play all games barring injury.
Just think his price is to steep for cash cow purposes, for him to be a useful cow you'd want him to reach close to $500k and if he does that he would almost be hard to get rid of. Now would you want him in your final team?
To get him in your side using Michie for example, you have to fork out another $80k and to make the trade worth while like I said above he has to get to $500k.
For mine I would stay away, you will end up using an extra trade just to make an extra $50-$80k, not worth it IMO.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
Personally think he'll be a great one to use in an upgrade just before the byes. Don't believe he can become a keeper but won't be broken- hearted if he does. Traded him and Zorko in this week and Hurn goes out next week as have bench cover in defence if S Mitchell plays this week. If he doesn't I'll wear a doughnut to get what I want.  cheers.    ;D

kilbluff1985

btw i think Josh Kelly might be a better pick up then Matt Thomas in the ling run kids a gun hold Michie for another week get a price rise out of him then get Kelly instead