Trading Goldstein - am I mad?!

Started by Samm79, March 31, 2014, 10:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holz

Quote from: quinny88 on April 01, 2014, 02:19:50 PM
Quote from: Samm79 on April 01, 2014, 02:11:17 PM
Quote from: fever on April 01, 2014, 12:44:09 PM
how is an experienced sc player asking if he should trade a prem after two rounds? cmon man, yeah you want to get those players that have started the year on fire, but not like this. there will always be times where you've just got to let bargains pass you by, or find alternate ways to get them.

This is good, general advice but there are always exceptions to the rule. Past winners have traded out players only to trade them back in later. The circumstances dictate the decision.

Not just Goldies scoring is dictating this consideration. There are numerous, shoulder, Currie, a fit Mummy is a beast, $115K early on is gold.

Zorko proved he can go large in his first year, looks like has a favourable role, was under an injury cloud last year, the jury is out on Dixon being a premium, $40K now.

While I understand your point, I think the circumstances warrant the trades. I will have $200K in the bank to upgrade Higgins/Caddy if one doesn't improve without having to downgrade which is another reason.

Big +1 to sam!

Saying "dont trade premiums" is narrow minded. I generally agree with that rule but there are circumstances which change that and this is certainly one. If Currie is named again this weekend, Goldy is gone

nobody is safe from being traded out. As Sam said injuries and currie is a very good reason to get rid of him. Im probably going to keep him though as im not sure about Mummy or any other rucks. with Sandi looking like a keeper if you  bring in Mummy than that could be your ruckline all year. I still think Goldy will end up the best ruck once he is fully fit and will push out currie. So thats why im keeping him.

fever

i acknowledge those points, they're mostly valid. it MAY turn out to be worth it, but i think it's poor reasoning to base a judgement like this after two games. one where he was playing winged for three quarters and the other where he was up against the all-aus ruckman from last year.

still, if you think you're a nod at overall then i spose you've gotta take some riskes to get there. if you're mainly after your leagues then trading is a mistake imo.

blackrose

I am also thinking doing Goldy to Mummy. It'll allow for a few corrective rookie trades such as M Crouch to Aish

Bully

Quote from: blackrose on April 01, 2014, 05:43:19 PM
I am also thinking doing Goldy to Mummy. It'll allow for a few corrective rookie trades such as M Crouch to Aish

With Brad out I'd say Matt is a very good chance to be named this week.