next week bubble rookies!

Started by scumbag, March 31, 2014, 11:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scumbag

For all of you who already have problems here is another one to add to that:
There are a couple of interesting rookies on the bubble next week:

1. KK - so much hype but had a poor dt to sc ratio (to be fair it was wet weather game). A bit expensive at 197k but everyone preseason saying he was locked if he wasn't injured.
2.  dylan buckley - was really impressed with his game, and is fairly cheap at 133k but the downside is that he is in the mids and with so many other rookie options do you have the space to ft him in your team.
3- currie - probs not as interesting as the other 2 but if he plays well again and north may want to run 2 perma ruckman, he could be good cover for byes/injuries.( lot of "ifs" but he's still an option).

Obviously they have to get selected again but they all showed enough i think to warrant another game.
Thoughts?

quinny88

Rookies on the bubble are kind of irrelevant at this stage arent they? Just hope there are plenty in the gun in about 6 weeks time

H1bb3i2d

There if any of our rookies get injured/dropped next week, but I'd hardly call them a 'problem' like you said; they're hardly must haves. And even with Kolo... well, I had Whitfield last year, amd whilst hw did quite well, he was such a slooow burn at that $197k price, and especially having the round 8 bye, whilst he may score well he's not going to make any more money than any other backman - would need to average a solid 20 more points per game to be worth it!

scumbag

True

Just wondering would you just pass them up or would you try to fit them in?

H1bb3i2d

Kinda answered that - wouldn't bother with them unless I meed a replacement somewhere, none are 'must haves'

kilbluff1985

Currie yes i'd say the others not really must haves and yeah need to give KK another look in a dry game

GoLions

Quote from: kilbluff1985 on March 31, 2014, 11:14:37 PM
Currie yes i'd say the others not really must haves and yeah need to give KK another look in a dry game
Agree with kb, Currie is definitely one to look at for those who didn't start him, and if you have guys like Laidler or Clurey then KK could be worth a look as well if he goes well next week