Kreuzer and Matthew Watson late outs

Started by kilbluff1985, March 27, 2014, 04:45:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mat0369

The only reason I can think they have gone with Rowe is they intend to play a 2 pronged tall forward line with Hendo and Waite and play Rowe down back on Vickery. Rowe did play in the back half a lot through the pre-season and a bit through the VFL last year. Buckley killed it off a back flank in the pre-season so I expect him to replace Walker in that role if he is not the sub.

AaronKirk

Mat0369

I had Carlton beating Richmond before the Kreuz out, initially I thought that it is a big blow, but when you look at it again they have a better structure without him in the side. Kreuz is not a forward, he is a ruck, both he and Warnock can not function in the same side as they both need to be in the ruck to succeed. Obviously you would prefer Kreuz in the ruck when looking at the team, but as a forward, going into a game where you might get patches of rain with the way the weather has been today, you don't want to be too tall. The Tigers are going down that route and unless they make a couple of changes before the game they might struggle a bit when the ball hits the ground at both ends.

Waite and Hendo will be the key posts up forward, Hendo should be better this week compared to the Port game when he was severely underdone, they are missing a bunch of players in the best 22 (Judd, Scotland, Carrots, Kreuz, Walker) and a couple of handy back ups . It will be a difficult task for the Blues to win, but I have seen a worse Carlton side beat Richmond.

AaronKirk

Quote from: Mat0369 on March 27, 2014, 06:21:19 PM
I had Carlton beating Richmond before the Kreuz out, initially I thought that it is a big blow, but when you look at it again they have a better structure without him in the side. Kreuz is not a forward, he is a ruck, both he and Warnock can not function in the same side as they both need to be in the ruck to succeed. Obviously you would prefer Kreuz in the ruck when looking at the team, but as a forward, going into a game where you might get patches of rain with the way the weather has been today, you don't want to be too tall. The Tigers are going down that route and unless they make a couple of changes before the game they might struggle a bit when the ball hits the ground at both ends.

Waite and Hendo will be the key posts up forward, Hendo should be better this week compared to the Port game when he was severely underdone, they are missing a bunch of players in the best 22 (Judd, Scotland, Carrots, Kreuz, Walker) and a couple of handy back ups . It will be a difficult task for the Blues to win, but I have seen a worse Carlton side beat Richmond.

Agree on most of your points. Still thought Richmond would win before these outs but now Jamison is the lone tall defender with Watson so he will go to Riewoldt you would expect and who goes to Vickery etc. Think Hendo will have to play back. IMO Carlton are 2 quality key position players short of being a top 8 side. Cannot see them winning tonight and will struggle majorly this season.

Mat0369

Simon White came into the side as well and he is a slightly undersized key defender. He has had jobs in the past on guys like Hurley and Riewoldt. I am expecting the matchups to look like this

JRoo/Jamo, Rowe/Vickery, White/Griffiths/Hampson

If Rowe struggles on Vickery I expect Hendo to go back in that case and Rowe to swing forward.