HAVE FAITH IN LIBBA

Started by bennynam, March 25, 2014, 11:09:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennynam

I can't believe so many coaches are jumping off Liberatore after 1 disappointing game.

Yeah his BE is 162 but he's a premium player and why waste a trade. It wouldn't be a correction trade it would be a frustration trade.

I'm sure once Griffen is back Libba will post some big scores.  Griffen isn't listed on the injury list which was updated by the AFL today.

Last year I dumped Dangerfield after his first 3 scores of 63, 107 and 84 (Ave - 84).

What a terrible decision that turned out to be. His next 4 scores were 120, 89, 173 and 147 (Ave - 132.25).

Don't dump Libba trust me.

He'll come good!

AaronKirk

^^^ this

Don't trade premos unless they have LTI or long suspensions.

Judd Magic

Leuenburger on the other hand.

What a dud of a pick!  ::)

He's gone if he goes under 100 again this week.

Ricochet

And this poor score will only be in his rolling average for 1 game

Rowan1812

Let people trade Libba and other premos who havent performed in one game.

RaisyDaisy

The thought of trading him out hasn't even entered my mind

He had a slow start, but to finish on 27 touches (most of it in the second half when the points were already done and the game was no longer up for grabs) leaves me very confident in him

Absolute worst case scenario is that his an excellent M7/8 come seasons end

Jroo

Crazy to trade him now, Griffen will be back next week and watch his scores improve.

FactHunt

Look at Minson's game in the west too... it would have affected the little gem's clearance rate. Big Mince was up against a pretty tough (possibly the toughest in the business) ruck outfit, and his output was definitely down. They'll both come good- just wait and see.

timtim

Quote from: JROO8 on March 26, 2014, 09:15:27 AM
Crazy to trade him now, Griffen will be back next week and watch his scores improve.

Logically yes... but looking at all the games Libba has played in 2012 and 2013 (x39):

- 3 of them are were without Griffen for an average of 95 (111, 95, 78)
- 36 of them were with Griffen for an average of 97

Interestingly his average jumps to 108 for games played without Boyd (x9)

And Libba has only played 1 game in the past two years without Minson for 91 - that said when plotted against each other it's clear that Minson's score has a higher correlation with Libba's score than Griffen (i.e. when Minson does well so does Libba)

Ricochet

Quote from: timtim on March 26, 2014, 02:57:17 PM

Logically yes... but looking at all the games Libba has played in 2012 and 2013 (x39):

And Libba has only played 1 game in the past two years without Minson for 91 - that said when plotted against each other it's clear that Minson's score has a higher correlation with Libba's score than Griffen (i.e. when Minson does well so does Libba)
To be fair Libba only really broke out last year so to include his scores from 2012 is a bit misleading

timtim

Quote from: Ricochet on March 26, 2014, 02:59:06 PM
Quote from: timtim on March 26, 2014, 02:57:17 PM

To be fair Libba only really broke out last year so to include his scores from 2012 is a bit misleading

True. When looking at last year alone, games without Griffen (x2) = 87 average vs games with Griffen (x20) = 109

But given the smaller sample size take it with a grain of salt.

But for the record I have Libba and plan to keep him... current 405, cant afford to get all pannicky for no reason