Main Menu

whats better supercoach or dreamteam??

Started by nichw07, February 22, 2010, 10:40:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nichw07

whats better supercoach or dreamteam??
and why its better

Alex7089

Well they both appeal to different types of people. Personally I prefer the SC scoring system because I don't rate guys who get 30 possies but give 5 FA's and 10 clangers. I like to rate a players performance on how they affected the match. Other people who like their stats would prefer DT because that is what the scoring system is based on.

ossie85

Quote from: Alex7089 on February 23, 2010, 02:18:16 AM
Well they both appeal to different types of people. Personally I prefer the SC scoring system because I don't rate guys who get 30 possies but give 5 FA's and 10 clangers. I like to rate a players performance on how they affected the match. Other people who like their stats would prefer DT because that is what the scoring system is based on.

I'm actually a professional statistician and I prefer supercoach because of its scoring system. Capping the amount of points per match available (3300 or whatever it is) makes sense cos it allows you to compare players week to week, and over time. Unlike dream team, where you can't compare say Dane Swan with Greg Williams cos it is a much higher possession game now.

Pav29

Very Close Poll.I like Dream Team a lot more that Supercoach. I think Supercoachs scoring method is stubid.

ossie85

Quote from: Pav29 on May 03, 2010, 10:45:33 AM
Very Close Poll.I like Dream Team a lot more that Supercoach. I think Supercoachs scoring method is stubid.

Stubid huh?

Dream Team's the simple method, SC is the smarter, more complex one. Sure, it is up for interpretation, but so is judging any player's ability.