I'm thinking 9 or 10 rating for this team

Started by salce, March 15, 2010, 01:05:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

salce

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Gram, Kennelly, Ladson, Waters (Maguire, Carlisle)

MID: Ablett, Mitchell, Boyd, Boak, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, JKT)

RUCKS: Sandilands, Tippett (Skipper, Vardy)

FWD: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Higgins, Gray, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff (Gumbleton, Podsiadly)

5k left in the bank
Have done many, many drafts of this team but now think this is it

Any thoughts would be great

jameswilson

that is a awesome team

Boak is the only choice i would question. at 439000 you would hope it is his year where he stands up and becomes a premium but maybe have a look at some better options around his price

jameswilson

salce

cheers mate...yeah boak is the only person i wasnt sure about either, who around his price would you suggest?

jameswilson

imo there is noone really that great around that price. May be downgrade kennelyy to malkeski then upfreade boak for maybe harvey, hodge or cooney

Maybe armitage it u dont want to downgrade

probably thet last one the better option

salce

i had armitage in there before....but i took him out because his nab cup form has been with an understrength st kilda midfield. last night they had a near full strength team and got 47 points, whilst someone like Clinton Jones got 81 and has averaged that through preseason...thoughts?

salce

updated team:

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Gram, O'Brien, Ladson, Waters (Maguire, Carlisle)

MID: Ablett, Mitchell, Boyd, McVeigh, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, JKT)

RUCK: Sandilands, Tippett (Skipper, Vardy)

FWD: Riewoldt, O'Keefe, Higgins, Gray, Hall, Dangerfield, Rockliff (Gumbleton, Podsiadly)

thoughts?

c4v3m4n

IMO, I really dont think that you should have either Rockliff or Waters starting on the ground.

Waters has never played a full season of footy due to various injuries. Ask yourself, why is Waters so cheap? Not worth it, too risky.

Rockliff, while he is good player, he's still only ~$100,000 and probably should be on your bench.

IMO, Downgrade a backline player to upgrade Waters, and same for for Rockliff (downgrade a forward line player to upgrade him).

Good luck and happy supercoaching!  :D

PS. I'd appreciate your views on my team. Thanks.
http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,9354.msg58942.html#msg58942

supercoachheroes

8/10 few weak players overall pretty good

steve_maxwell23

Quote from: salce on March 15, 2010, 01:56:15 AM
updated team:

DEF: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, Gram, O'Brien, Ladson, Waters (Maguire, Carlisle)

MID: Ablett, Mitchell, Boyd, McVeigh, Martin, Barlow (Shuey, JKT)

RUCK: Sandilands, Tippett (Skipper, Vardy)

thoughts?

We think very similar mate, i was thinkin of including O'Brien in the backline is well, has been playin well in the NAB cup. Backline is strong and i like it besides ladson and waters. Like me, your hoping that Waters has a big year but IMO don't think ladson will have a good year.

ALso find your midfield good but isn't Mcveigh out for the first few rounds?

Also thumbs up for the rucks i think its a good combination

Very good forward line besides rockliff starting

9/10 great stuff besides one or 2 weaknesses, im updating my team i posted today on the same thread by 2moz comment again and see what u think cheers mate