Round 2 - Tigers vs. Blues - March 27th

Started by LaHug, March 25, 2014, 03:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Manspeaker

sweet, cheers Toges. can never predict anything the MRP will do so I can only hope

Mat0369

Quote from: NigeyS on March 28, 2014, 02:50:33 PM
Was he even reported?  ???

Ty probably should have got a free kick though.

No report, it was a good call not giving a free kick either since on the replay you can see Vickery looks up, sees Simmo standing still then leads with his head at him to try and win a free kick. Umps have been instructed not to pay those and I 100% agree.

Quote from: LaHug on March 28, 2014, 01:23:29 PM
Additionally, I forgot about the one where they reversed a free kick just outside our 50 for what looked like (as far as I could tell from the crowd, at least) a Carlton player tripping over someone. Can anyone actually explain what happened there?!

Richmond player, I think it was Matt Thomas from memory threw an elbow into Daisy hitting him in the thigh pretty close to the nuts. I think that might be the one you are referring too

Having said that, if you want to talk about inconsistencies, twice a Richmond player (once in the first half, once late in the game) was caught holding the ball, no free called, twice a Carlton player had their head ripped off (they didn't duck) in the first half, no call, Vickery slams into Buckley when he is trying to take a quick kick in after the point, no 50, Cotchin gets the free for holding when he runs into a stationary Carlton player and slots the goal, had the free gone to Matt Thomas for a high free I wouldn't have had a problem with it since Brock got him in the face, but it didn't, Carlton were getting screwed early and often in that game by the umpiring, towards the end the subjective calls that went our way were just even ups.

Had Carlton actually kicked straight it wouldn't have mattered, that is what cost them the game. The most disappointing thing is they were asleep for 2 and a half quarters and showed absolutely zero intensity. I think we were lucky to have about 7 players show any heart that entire first and were playing smart ass football. To put it simply, they were pathetic. But the positive coming out of the game is they still almost won. Missing 5 or 6 of the best 22 and dishing up the effort they did, they still almost managed to win the game. Buckley needs to get as many games into him as possible, Yarran needs to stay at half back, it is where he is most dangerous, he is too restricted in the forward line and looks like tearing the game apart when he streaks from half back running towards the 50.