FIRST ATTEMPT!!

Started by storeymjs, November 28, 2013, 02:00:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

storeymjs

First (of many) attempts for 2014:

Makes it difficult when you don't know what rookies are going to play but here goes!!

DEF: J. McVeigh, K. Simpson, G. Birchall, M. Suckling, N. Bock, M. Scharenberg (D. Gardiner, A. Aliir)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, J. Selwood, J. Watson, T. Rockliff, T. Liberatore, D. Beams, L. McDonald, D. Tyson (C. Beams, J. Martin)
RUC: N. Naitanui, B. McEvoy (T. Derickx, S. Naismith)
FWD: L. Franklin, K. Tippett, D. Thomas, S. Higgins, T. Boyd, A. Fasolo (V. Michie, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $18,500

Not sure about the Tippett and Buddy combo could work (a la Buddy and Roughie) or could be a complete bust. FWD's are a bit thin and not sure about Boyd but picked him because of his size! Higgins is injury prone but at that price you can't go past him and same for Fasolo. Michie and Hogan will both play hence generating cash thus the thinking there.

Wasn't sure on rucks so picked two Swans knowing that if Pyke goes down one of these two will have to play!!

Mids are pretty good I think Beams (both) are fairly cheap after coming off injuries Tyson is set for more game time and Martin is a gun. Not sure on McDonald ... would have liked him as a defender (he was listed as a defender in the draft I am sure!!) 

Defenders are solid enough. Will have to watch what happens with Bock because if he plays I think his price will go through the roof (from where he is starting it can't really go down :) ) AA is interesting not sure he will get a go but if he does could make some nice cash. Also Scharenberg has been injured so may not play let alone crack the Collingwood team but they may find a spot for him? And I think Gardiner will play just because Brisbane don't have that many players down back.

Fantasygun

Very nice.
Def- perfect
Mid- no fault
Ruck-no fault
Fwd: worth the risk

overall- 9.5/10

If you start with this team if you can afford it when the real prices come out, you will be hitting quite good scores, providing no injuries occur.

johnnytheboy1

This is the first of many teams i am going to rate like to see some unique teams

Def: The only pick i am concerned abot here is Scharenberg as i can't see him being in the senior team from round 1 maybe a good bench option otherwise ok defence watch some preseason games before deciding who to piick
Mids: Great Midfield leave it as is.
Rucks:Good to see a team that has 2 premium rucks as many will have Grundy at R2. If Mcevoy can improve his hitouts to advantage percent you will be on a winner.
Fwds: You have gone for a Unique pick here in Tom Boyd there maybe better options there just need to find one but he is playing for a bottom side that will move up the ladder.

In summary i think your team is just about there i give it an 8/10. Have'nt had a chance to select my team yet was waiting for the rookie draft.

storeymjs

Agree completely with you about Scharenberg and am hoping Luke McDonald will be listed a DEF meaning I can move him there and get another mid! Boyd was a bit of a gamble as I am not really sure how he will go having to share with Cameron and possibly also Patton. Was considering Travis Varcoe due to price (and only because of his price ... because god knows he cannot score) but will more than likely find a FWD when the NAB Cup Challenge matches are on! The only other one that I know of at this stage who will probably play is Shane Kersten??

GoLions

The only problems I see here are Tippett and Boyd. Don't think they'll score that well. I'd also prefer Pendles over Ablett and Selwood. If you can turn Tippett into someone like Pavlich or Dusty, Boyd to maybe Karnezis if he's named round 1, and one of your mids to Pendles, then I think it'd be perfect. Good luck :)

storeymjs

Wonder what you guys think of this team? There are a few things that I am not sure about but that may be because I keep looking at it and think that it is not good enough (and maybe it isn't)!!

Cheers,

johnnytheboy1

Hi  storeymjs
There are a few minor weaknesses to this team
Def: Prefer Suckling at D5 would only go with one of Webster or MCDONALD and get someone stronger at D4.
Mids: Would Downgrade Liberatore as i don't think he will come up and score like he did last year i reckon you could go as far as getting someone like Tyson to open up money so you can get that extra premium.
Rucks: Hickey is not going to score high enough look at Someone like Leuey with the money you would get from downgrading Libba.
Fwds: I think you should lose one of Roughy or Gunston for Buddy or if you have the enough cash Martin

Overall: It all depends on whether you are happy with the team if so don't listen to what i have written above i give your team a 7/10

storeymjs

http://imageshack.com/a/img812/5638/42wz.png

Cheers mate, I took your advice on most things (except about Hickey...sorry just got a feeling) and have a new team. Any thoughts??