Main Menu

Captains slam naming of ASADA Bombers

Started by valkorum, March 05, 2014, 12:56:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-03-05/skippers-slam-naming?utm_medium=RSS

QuoteAFL captains have roundly condemned the naming of Essendon players in a newspaper last week as part of the reporting of that club's supplements scandal

Ringo

!00% agree with Pav here,  Still no charges laid and naming of players now is highly disrespectful imo.  Hope the AFLPA encourages legal action against the Herald Sun for this disrespect.  I would go even further and instruct players and coaches not to talk to HS reporters until full and forthright apologies are issued.

valkorum

Quote from: Ringo on March 05, 2014, 02:47:32 PM
!00% agree with THE CAPTAINS here,  Still no charges laid and naming of players now is highly disrespectful imo.  Hope the AFLPA encourages legal action against the Herald Sun for this disrespect.  I would go even further and instruct players and coaches not to talk to HS reporters until full and forthright apologies are issued.

Pav was just the spokesman.  Picture clearly shows the rest of the captains standing behind Pav as he was reading the prepared statement.

Grazz

Quote from: valkorum on March 05, 2014, 04:26:11 PM
!00% agree with THE CAPTAINS here,  Still no charges laid and naming of players now is highly disrespectful imo.  Hope the AFLPA encourages legal action against the Herald Sun for this disrespect.  I would go even further and instruct players and coaches not to talk to HS reporters until full and forthright apologies are issued.

Pav was just the spokesman.  Picture clearly shows the rest of the captains standing behind Pav as he was reading the prepared statement.

Would love to know who the scumbag is thats leaking all the stuff HS get a hold of. Then hang the mungrel.

Dudge

Quote from: Grazz on March 05, 2014, 05:15:40 PM
Quote from: valkorum on March 05, 2014, 04:26:11 PM

Would love to know who the scumbag is thats leaking all the stuff HS get a hold of. Then hang the mungrel.

Don't hang Caro--Don't hang Caro  :P

Grazz

Nuh the tool that is leaking the stuff to Caro.

Noz

It has nothing to do with Pavlich or anyone else. Essendon players admitted they took something they shouldnt have and they should be named and shamed.

Grazz

Quote from: Noz on March 05, 2014, 07:32:33 PM
It has nothing to do with Pavlich or anyone else. Essendon players admitted they took something they shouldnt have and they should be named and shamed.

Plenty of time for naming and shaming mate sjould that end up being true, now isnt the right time.

Noz

Quote from: Grazz on March 05, 2014, 07:35:53 PM

Plenty of time for naming and shaming mate sjould that end up being true, now isnt the right time.

Jobe Watson admitted last year he took something he shouldnt of on The Couch? and now he wants to see legal advice because the AFL named him?

True in hindsight the morale thing would be to wait until they were found guilty but in reality they aren't going to give Essendon any favours after bringing the game in dispute these last 12 months.

Grazz

Think the jury is still out on the culpability of what he admitted to, which for me affords them the protection from being named
until someone of authority categorically says this should not of been taken or atleast thats how i see it mate. What i would like to see is the dog leaking all this crap found and sacked. Way to much has been getting out through the whole process.

kilbluff1985

ADEZ

The players aren't being selfish here, there driving force behind there disappointment would be what their families would have to out up with

RaisyDaisy

Why does everyone in the Media feel like they are above all and can just say whatever they want without consequences?

Not just in footy, but its mind boggling how the media have so much control, and never seem to get punished for stating incorrect info, or releasing info they shouldn't

Noz

Everyone that was involved that wasn't a player was named.

jobe#4

I'm a bombers supporter and they did wrong they should(already have) been punished...LAST FLOWERING YEAR! the Sun starts this all again?                  Herald Sun is full of hacks, they deserve to be bankrupt.

The only one who butchered it more was Demetriou/ASADA
i am happy to see the captains side with Jobe,  they didn't have to!