Main Menu

Houli :S

Started by sween4, March 05, 2014, 09:48:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sween4

Hey all just was going through some of the defender options and maybe I'm looking a little bit desperate, but how about Houli for this year?

Averaged 91.5 last year and seemed to struggle against teams such as st kilda were he had his two worst games of 66 and 64, I believe because of the likes of Milne, Saad and Milera in the forward line he was required to play more defensively. Looking at his stats over the year the teams that generally run multiple good small players in the forward line such as Fremantle, Carlton and St Kilda cause his lower scores.

Possibly with St Kilda not having some of those options anymore, and Carlton not having betts anymore is there any chance he can push a 95-100 average?

The only real concern is what Martin's potential move to the backs would have on his scoring, as they are looking to get the ball into martin's hands as much as possible.

I know I'm going really really left field on this one but I'm looking at someone around his price without the round 9 bye.

lin2rondo

Would be an interesting POD. But too risky, first actual consistent season last season and other players shifting around as you mentioned in regards to martin could be a negative for houli scores, or he could come out firing and be a top 6 defender. You never know.

sween4

Yeah very good points, i mean he has proved he can consistently average in the 90s (think he averaged 89-90 in 2011) but yeah its just if he can lift that to 95+. I was just looking at him and tried to find some reasons why he could potentially increase his average. I am a tigers fan also so maybe im also a little biased :P

lin2rondo

Can understand your thinking, but with all these DPP players in the backline now (Bartel, Mitchell, Mcveigh, etc.) find it hard to see Houli pushing for a top 6 defender spot. May be worth the risk though.

sween4

Yeah gonna have to have a ripping season to make top 6 that is for sure. Could be more of an upgrade  target with Martin stealing some of his ball at the start of the season then when getting more attention and  moving back into the mids.