Murph or Daisy +160k?

Started by Sydney14, March 03, 2014, 11:45:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sydney14

Have had Murphy in my team all pre season but i've gone a little cold on him recently and I'm entirely sold on him being the best choice. I haven't had Daisy as I feel I'll just have to upgrade him eventually but the extra cash could be of good use.

What do you think both will average?

My current midfield
Ablett, Pendles, Rockliff, DBeams, Murphy, Tyson, Michie, Polec(Ellis, Dunstan)

tor01doc

Currently toying with the idea of a really lean mid to accommodate those 'rookies' with better potential given the lack elsewhere.

Have a look at your team with Murphy at M4.

Makes the rest look a lot better with his inclusion (at the expense of a Rocky, Watson or Cotchin) than it makes mids look worse.

So mids look a bit weaker but rest looks a lot stronger.

What to do...what to do?

GCSkiwi

I agree with doc, had a play over the weekend and went from Daisy at M5 to Tyson, just gives me a bit more cash to play with to finalise rookies and bring bennedy in at F5. If my bench aren't all playing round 1 then I have a bit of reserve $ to upgrade some that I didn't have before... handy...

Sydney14

Team with Murph

D: McVeigh, Mitchell, DSwallow, Suckling, L McDonald, Langdon(Langford, Georgiou)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Rockliff, D Beams, Murphy, Tyson, Michie, Polec(Ellis, Dunstan)
R: Berger, Sandi(Nankervis/Derickx, Thurlow)
F: Danger, Martin, Franklin, Parker, Rohan, ZMerrett(JKH, Kersten)
60k left over

Team with Daisy
D: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, L McDonald, Langdon(Langford, Georgiou)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Rockliff, D Beams, Thomas, Tyson, Michie, Polec(Ellis, Dunstan)
R: Goldstein, Sandi(Nankervis/Derickx, Thurlow)
40k left over

H1bb3i2d

FWIW:
Only if you think Murphy can go 110+, personally I see him at 105-110... so just misses out on my team.
As for Thomas, sure he's great value... but I see Tyson making more money than him (at M5), and the cash elsewhere not only makes up for the lost points, but doesn't rely on me fielding FWD and DEF rookies with no JS!

I voted Thomas of the 2.

H1bb3i2d

Quote from: Sydney14 on March 03, 2014, 12:17:18 PM
Team with Murph

D: McVeigh, Mitchell, DSwallow, Suckling, L McDonald, Langdon(Langford, Georgiou)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Rockliff, D Beams, Murphy, Tyson, Michie, Polec(Ellis, Dunstan)
R: Berger, Sandi(Nankervis/Derickx, Thurlow)
60k left over

Team with Daisy
D: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hanley, Suckling, L McDonald, Langdon(Langford, Georgiou)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Rockliff, D Beams, Thomas, Tyson, Michie, Polec(Ellis, Dunstan)
R: Goldstein, Sandi(Nankervis/Derickx, Thurlow)
40k left over

I'd focus more instead on suring up your F6, as a bombers man.... Merrett is tiny, and can't see him getting games ahead of Kommer, Colyer, JMerrett, Kavanagh etc... Would be sub material even if he got a gig.
Maybe Ben Kennedy or Higgins?
And I'd only be relying one one of Langdon/Langford to get a game

GCSkiwi

I have concerns with your D6 and to a lesser extent F6 either way. Would Merret really be in the bombers best 22?
I think you're best just to sit tight and wait for teams to be named but suspect you'll need to downgrade a prem somewhere and change a couple of rooks in other lines...

tor01doc

Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 03, 2014, 12:26:00 PM
I have concerns with your D6 and to a lesser extent F6 either way. Would Merret really be in the bombers best 22?
I think you're best just to sit tight and wait for teams to be named but suspect you'll need to downgrade a prem somewhere and change a couple of rooks in other lines...

This year's mantra!  ::)

Sydney14

The lack of rooks in fwd and def is so frustrating  :-\ You can't really pick a team you want because of it.

GCSkiwi

Quote from: tor01doc on March 03, 2014, 12:28:27 PM
Quote from: GCSkiwi on March 03, 2014, 12:26:00 PM

This year's mantra!  ::)

At this rate I'm going to be running with Ablett and a 9 rookie midfield...

tor01doc

Can't afford Ablett. Might start with Thomas and 9 rookies - value or what?

GCSkiwi

Quote from: tor01doc on March 03, 2014, 01:03:10 PM
Can't afford Ablett. Might start with Thomas and 9 rookies - value or what?

Everyone knows you HAVE to have Ablett or Pendles. What a rookie. Guys! Hey guys! Check this dude out. Newb.

Also I just put together my ideal team but I'm approximately 7.5million dollars short. Halp. I can't find the "Arab oil billionaire" button?

Footyrulz

I think Daisy has more value.

I reckon Murphy about 100-105.

Daisy 90-95.