Who to pick for F3, Franklin or Parker?

Started by Judd Magic, March 02, 2014, 11:54:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Judd Magic

Hey guys,

Having trouble who to pick out of these two guys for my F3 spot.

Franklin has more runs on the board but could take time to adjust to Sydney's game plan.

Parker more of a chance to have more consistent games than Franklin due to midfield role and has alot of improvement left in him.

Who would you pick?  ;)

quinny88

Franklin. You cant look past someone that we know is capable of averaging 110+
I understand the question marks over how he will perform in a new team but hes going from one great side to another, he will adapt and dominate. I would have more concerns with how he will cope if he ended up at GWS or something.

Parker is a star of the future. Think he will average 90+ but he's not on Buddys level

Judd Magic

Cheers mate, was leaning towards Buddy.

How about Wingard vs Gray?

Really torn on the two, I reckon Grays in for a huge season but Wingard is a great talent and could even step up further this year and go to another level.

tor01doc

Judd Magic

Haven't considered Walters actually Doc, may do some research on him.

Who would you pick out of Wingard and Gray though?

quinny88

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 03, 2014, 12:08:44 AM

Really torn on the two, I reckon Grays in for a huge season but Wingard is a great talent and could even step up further this year and go to another level.

Still like Buddy over those guys but just of the 2 I would go Gray.
I think Wingard will have a drop off if anything. Only have to look at how his scores were inflated against weaker teams and kicking winning goals. Gun player but the planets really aligned for him in alot of situations last season.
Gray is older and was just entering premium status before he did his knee. Has apparently had a massive pre season and I expect him to average around 95

Judd Magic

Quote from: quinny88 on March 03, 2014, 12:20:22 AM

I think Wingard will have a drop off if anything. Only have to look at how his scores were inflated against weaker teams and kicking winning goals. Gun player but the planets really aligned for him in alot of situations last season.
Gray is older and was just entering premium status before he did his knee. Has apparently had a massive pre season and I expect him to average around 95

Thanks for your input quinny really appreciate it.  8)

My forward line was Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Wingard, Pavlich, JKH but I have downgraded Wingard to Gray and then upgraded Kersten (on bench) to Ben Kennedy who is now my F7 and JKH goes to the bench at F7.

What do you think of that setup?

quinny88

Quote from: Judd Magic on March 03, 2014, 12:23:47 AM
Quote from: quinny88 on March 03, 2014, 12:20:22 AM

Thanks for your input quinny really appreciate it.  8)

My forward line was Dangerfield, Martin, Franklin, Wingard, Pavlich, JKH but I have downgraded Wingard to Gray and then upgraded Kersten (on bench) to Ben Kennedy who is now my F7 and JKH goes to the bench at F7.

What do you think of that setup?

Looks super strong but im concerned as to what other line has taken a hit for your forward line to be that strong

tor01doc

Buddy Wingard then Gray but I have a theory.

Freo will win a lot of games and with their low scoring MO, feel any dockers who kicks goals will be handsomely rewarded by the CD dorks.

Walters into Pav = points galore

PS Super strong forward line you got there. Must have Dawson at D2?

Judd Magic

I have Lobbe and Sandi in the rucks and a 5 premo midfield (Ablett, Watson, Rockcliff, Cotchin, Beams)

Backs are where I have gone cheap.

I've tried to pick the best value and breakouts at back so have gone for Hurn, Grimes, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler.

Have to go cheap somewhere I guess and I chose the back.

I feel like the rest of my team is very strong.

Thoughts?

tor01doc

Personally I'd get Pendles instead of Cotchin, offload Watson / Rocky for a rookie and shore up your backline.

Judd Magic

Quote from: tor01doc on March 03, 2014, 12:35:50 AM
Personally I'd get Pendles instead of Cotchin, offload Watson / Rocky for a rookie and shore up your backline.

What about this -

Hanley, Leuenburger and M.Crouch

Or

Cotchin, Lobbe and Laidler

With option 1 backs will be - Hanley, Hurn, Grimes, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald and mids will be Ablett, Watson, Rockcliff, Beams, Tyson, Mitchie, Polec, X.Elis (M.Crouch bench). Rucks will be Leuenburger and Sandi.

With option 2 backs will be - Hurn, Grimes, Swallow, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler and mids will be Ablett, Watson, Rockcliff, Cotchin, Beams, Tyson, Mitchie, Polec. Rucks will be Lobbe and Sandi.

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: tor01doc on March 03, 2014, 12:31:13 AM
PS Super strong forward line you got there. Must have Dawson at D2?

ROFL

In terms of topic, I have commented about Buddy, and although his role in the side may effect his scoring, priced at a 90 avg you just cant go wrong starting him