Main Menu

Rory

Started by cortez, March 03, 2014, 05:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: tor01doc on March 03, 2014, 08:09:10 PM
There's a post of a man whose ego is in check.

Nice retraction RD.

Not for me either - bye bye.

Cheers Doc - def not ashamed to admit when I am wrong and will happily put my hand up to admit it

GoLions

Quote from: Danzac on March 03, 2014, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: cortez on March 03, 2014, 07:45:46 PM
Name 10 mids that will finish in front of him.

I can think of:
Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Swan, Griffen, Watson.

Can't think of many more. You Can't Say Rockliff, Fyfe, Cotchin etc will definitely finish in front of him.

Cotch and Fyfe will definitely finish ahead of him (health permitting). They're 2+ disposals per game better then him already
That argument isn't really relevant in SC. Perfect example is Pendles vs Swan. I'm not saying Sloane will definitely finish top 10, but I think he can definitely get extremely close. Cotchin probably would be a better (or safer) pick though.

cortez

CrowsFan

Quote from: Danzac on March 03, 2014, 08:04:51 PM
Quote from: cortez on March 03, 2014, 07:45:46 PM
Name 10 mids that will finish in front of him.

I can think of:
Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Swan, Griffen, Watson.

Can't think of many more. You Can't Say Rockliff, Fyfe, Cotchin etc will definitely finish in front of him.

Cotch and Fyfe will definitely finish ahead of him (health permitting). They're 2+ disposals per game better then him already
Yeah disposals in SC don't mean as much as how you use them. Two perfect examples from Sloane last year are his 3rd last and last game of the season...

Was tagged in both those games so ended up getting just 17 disposals (68 DT) and 23 disposals (86 DT) in those two games. But because the majority of his possessions are contested his SC from those games were 102 and 128 respectively. He's a hard at it player and after 2 years sitting at an average of 106-107 I'm expecting to average 110+ this year.

In saying that I still won't be starting him at this point in time.

Doggoneit

Besides the top 4 or 5 there is a big list of players who could be top 10 - Rory is just another one

Libba, Steven, Rich, Rocky, Murphy, Cotch, Jack, Kennedy, Hannebery, Montagna, Johnson, Fyfe, Barlow, Boak and I've probably missed some

If you like him take him

Vinny

I rate him highly but his bye put me off.

Grufflez

Quote from: GoLions16 on March 03, 2014, 05:25:31 PM
I had him locked for about 3 months, but then decided to go with the 4 premium set up in the mids. With Ablett, Pendles, and Beams all locked, it came down to Rockliff vs Sloane. As a Lions supporter, I just couldn't say no to Rocky.

4 R8 Premium mids have anything to do with it?

GoLions

Quote from: Grufflez on March 03, 2014, 10:26:17 PM
Quote from: GoLions16 on March 03, 2014, 05:25:31 PM
I had him locked for about 3 months, but then decided to go with the 4 premium set up in the mids. With Ablett, Pendles, and Beams all locked, it came down to Rockliff vs Sloane. As a Lions supporter, I just couldn't say no to Rocky.

4 R8 Premium mids have anything to do with it?
I didn't even pay attention to the byes until about a week ago. So no.

Sabretooth Tigers

::)
this may present like the sounds of total insanity but I fancy Bennell (Harley) in front of him. And I can't find a way to fit Harley in. :'(