Nick Malceski

Started by Anthonyyyy, March 02, 2014, 09:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anthonyyyy

do you guys think there is a chance of Malcheski matching or even beating McVeighs score?

RaisyDaisy

Quote from: Anthonyyyy on March 02, 2014, 10:15:34 PM
do you guys think there is a chance of Malcheski matching or even beating McVeighs score?

Highly doubtful, but he could bridge the gap between their averages

McVeigh should be a top 3 def, but I am thinking about not starting him and making him an upgrade target

H1bb3i2d

I reeeeally want to start with without McVeigh,  this year of all years I dont want an overpriced defender who will no doubt lose value.... Hibberd going down has done it for me though, I don't want to start with Hanley so McVeigh it is. (Need at least one round 10 bye I think!)
Expect a similar year for Malceski, dont see what would have changed to impact his scoring either way

Capper

Both Eski and Macca will both start in the mid for the Swans IMO with the back 6 being Shaw, Smith, Teddles, Grundy, LRT and Medusa.

theta

Quote from: tabs on March 03, 2014, 01:27:17 AM
Both Eski and Macca will both start in the mid for the Swans IMO with the back 6 being Shaw, Smith, Teddles, Grundy, LRT and Medusa.

eski in mids?

the return of shaw will negatively impact both eski and mcveigh slightly imo.

Mcveigh said he would be spending more time in the mids this year when interviewed the other night during the nab cup.  Despite this I think he'll slide back to 100 or less.

Capper

Quote from: theta on March 03, 2014, 02:02:31 AM

eski in mids?

Mcveigh said he would be spending more time in the mids this year when interviewed the other night during the nab cup.  Despite this I think he'll slide back to 100 or less.
How do you mean?? an ave of 100 is pretty good for a back this year

GCSkiwi

Quote from: tabs on March 03, 2014, 02:14:55 AM
Quote from: theta on March 03, 2014, 02:02:31 AM

eski in mids?

How do you mean?? an ave of 100 is pretty good for a back this year

Yeah but you have to look at what they're priced at, McVeigh is priced at 106 so if you think he's only going to get 100 then he will lose money. Why pick him up at top dollar if he's going to drop??

I've had my eye on Eski, but I can't bring myself to pick him as I can't really see him improving too much on his 90av from last year, which won't rank him in the top defenders I don't think. No real upside...

Anthonyyyy

my defence is looking like Mitchell, Simpson, Malceski, Hurn, Suckling and McDonald

and I cant see why Malceski cant improve he has been doing well in the Nab Challenge

GCSkiwi

Quote from: Anthonyyyy on March 03, 2014, 07:19:41 AM
my defence is looking like Mitchell, Simpson, Malceski, Hurn, Suckling and McDonald

and I cant see why Malceski cant improve he has been doing well in the Nab Challenge

Famous last words. Brisbane won the NAB challenge last year didn't they? Or the year before? Literally the only 2 things I take out of NAB are player fitness and position - where are they being used and how are they tracking. Especially important for players in new teams or new rookies. CIP: Adam Treloar and Dylan Shiel both posted 113/110, but they won't make too many midfields...

reesbr

Malceski is a proven performer, its not like he has never been a premium

tor01doc

Definitely a 'fringe' top defender - ie will be top 15 or so.

Is that good enough though?

The saving vs McVeigh of $74000 can be used to change say Higgins into Caddy, or McEvoy into Cox, or Titchell into Roughead.

I like him as an option. If his knee goes, he goes. No biggie.

Anthonyyyy

comment with either Malceski or McVeigh basically who is the better option taking money, uniqueness etc. into consideration

Capper

Quote from: Anthonyyyy on March 03, 2014, 07:19:41 AM

alot of the mids have been missing up till now and most of the jnrs have been having a run.

Eski is a better unique, both will play in the mids but i think Macca will slightly outscore Eski but if you watch Macca play every time the ball is there to win he drops behind the ball for an easy out whilst eski is in there trying to get the ball

HotTiges

Just grab Malceski and be done with it.. Get McVeigh after bye..

tor01doc

Highly unlikely that McVeigh's price will skyrocket - can wait.

Malceski - pretty consistent - when his ACL's are contiguous that is. Has had 3 years averaging over 90. Probably do it again and that'd be enough at his price, given what you could do with the $82000 you'd save.

Eski more of a POD? My guess only.

McVeigh's DPP not really worth that much given so many top defenders being DPP also and a lack of DPP mids worth selecting in the mid.

Alternatives to a cheaper 'premium' are Hurn, Swallow, Grimes, Watts and old Ringo's favorite - Add a cock.