Tear it to shreds

Started by CubanPete, February 22, 2014, 04:28:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CubanPete

Trying couple new tactics this year wondering what others think

Def: S.Mitchell, Enright, D.Swallow, Watts, Suckling, L.Mcdonald
Mids: Rocky, Watson, Fyfe, Beams, Dal Santo, Greene, L.Shiels, Ellis, Michie, Polec
Ruck: Lobbe, Hickey, Longer, Thurlow
Fwd: Danger, Parker, Zorko, Pav, Darling, Rohan, Honeychurch, Kersten

Currently not sure how i feel about Dal Santo/Longer/Zorko
Bank: $6,600
Have at it lads

Ewoks

Watts - THE PAIN!!! he may go well under Roos but he hasnt shown anything for his potential and time in the system
Enright - Safe bet wont improve you know what you will get every week
Dal Santo - No thanks wont improve and he needs to at that price, Greene nice POD if he is released back to the free running role he had otherwise his scores wont change much
Lobbe - Had one good year lot of people jumping on him but I want to see more
Hickey: Fair bit of competition for that spot and Saints have already said they will rotate players through
Zorko - If he gets back to the 2012 role great, but im not sure he will they value his defensive fwd pressure too much
Longer - Too much money to have on the bench

Def: Strong - but too many mid price risks here better off dropping one for a rookie and spending elsewhere
Mids: Strong - too many mid pricers for my liking, switch one for a premo and one for a rook
Ruck: Risky I would look at a Sandi who although has injury issues is a proven performer and cheaper
Fwd: Risky too many midpricers once again that your banking onimproving

overall you need fewer midpricers/breakout contenders and more premo's and rookies, currently come the tail end of the season you will be struggling cant see a whole lot of cash generation the only way midpricers in those sorts of numbers work is if the majority stepup to become premos

CubanPete

Personally i don't see the same value in "premos" this year compared to previous years particularly when rookies are now priced in ridiculous values to stop many of us picking half rookies/half premos and so many teams are adapting team structures to have more players in there midfield rotations due to the interchange cap, which in turn potentially drops "premo" output. Not hugely but i think it will affect a few premos early with bring there prices closer to the pack

i do agree there are many unproven picks but i think that is the beauty of the competition this year finding the hidden gems will be the difference instead of just picking all the rookies i think coaches will have to look deeper.

cheers for your thoughts

thefuzz

Quote from: CubanPete on February 22, 2014, 04:28:44 PM
Trying couple new tactics this year wondering what others think

Def: S.Mitchell, Enright, D.Swallow, Watts, Suckling, L.Mcdonald
Mids: Rocky, Watson, Fyfe, Beams, Dal Santo, Greene, L.Shiels, Ellis, Michie, Polec
Ruck: Lobbe, Hickey, Longer, Thurlow
Fwd: Danger, Parker, Zorko, Pav, Darling, Rohan, Honeychurch, Kersten

Currently not sure how i feel about Dal Santo/Longer/Zorko
Bank: $6,600
Have at it lads

Way too many risks here. PODs are important but don't be different just for the sake of being different. The midfield particularly is my concern. Fyfe, NDS, Greene, Shiels (B. Ellis or X. Ellis?) are too many risk/value/breakout picks. NDS will have a similar output to what he always has, I can't see Greene or Shiels breaking out either.
Players I consider to be breakout contenders here are Swallow, Watts, Greene, Shiels, Hickey, (B. Ellis?), Parker, Zorko, Darling. That is just way too much risk. They are all contenders for a breakout but I think you are better off going a bit more cookie cutter and keeping the 3 or 4 (max) best breakout picks.
Also you are missing out on a lot of midfield rookies by loading up with mid pricers.
Longer to rookie, Watts to premium
Greene to a rookie, NDS to a premium would be a start.