First crack RMT

Started by Andrew3737, February 02, 2014, 08:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew3737

Def: S.Mitchell, J.Bartel, J.McVeigh, D.Swallow, M.Shaw, J.Kolodjashnij (C. Howard, J.Ladler)

Mid: G.Ablett, D.Swan, B.Stanton, T.Cotchin, D.Beams, X.Ellis, J.Rourke, C.Beams (J.Polec, N.Gordon)

Ruck: M.Lobbe, H.McIntosh (F.Thurlow, D.Currie)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklins, P.Chapman, J.Caddy, N.Bock (S.Kersten, D.Markworth)

78k left

Thoughts?

Money

Love the backline until the last two, not sure what you know about Shaw, all I know is that for 70k less theres sucking, I doubt JK will get a game, may be have to upgrade to a McDonald or his brother
Strong Mids, very strong premos, 4/5 are R8 bye though which could hurt, I don't like Ellis and Polec on field, good bench cover but not for field purposes, mmay have to re-think that
Solid rucks, McIntosh will be a good selection if he has a good nap cup, theres also Sandilands as well if you need $$$
Strong forward, good premos selections and like the caddy pick, wouldn't have bock on field though, would take the chance will Rohan but not bock

Andrew3737

Yeah had a tweek.

Def: S.Mitchell, J.Bartel, J.McVeigh, M.Suckling , L.McDonald, K.Kolodjashnij (C. Howard, J.Ladler)

Mid: G.Ablett, D.Swan, B.Stanton, M.Murphy, D.Beams, D.Prestia, J.Rourke, D.Tyson (J.Polec, C.Beams)

Ruck: M.Lobbe, A.Sandilands (F.Thurlow, D.Currie)

Fwd: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, L.Franklins, P.Chapman, G.Rohan, N.Bock (S.Kersten, D.Markworth)

60k left

Fwds got worse, Defense sort of the same and added in Prestia. Not sure if 6 Premiums in the midfield is the go, but will have to see if Bock and Rohan are actually worth starting.

j

Love it! This is a really strong team. Not great having both Rohan and bock on the field, you could probably afford to down grade chappy to caddy or someone a little cheaper to upgrade Rohan. But that's the only change I would make.
9.5/10

Bill Manspeaker

ADEZ

i actually liked the matty shaw pick
hes the most under rated player at GC, will be absolute star one day

WandererzUnited

Great Team.

any Advice on this team below?

Back:
H.shaw(GWS)  A.Mackie(GEE)  D.Swallow(GC)
T.Richards(SYD)  M.Suckling (HAW)  S.Morries(RICH)
Bench  M.Fuller(DOGS) and J.Laidler(SYD)

MIDS:
G.Ablett(GC)  T.Cotchin(RICH)  N.Fyfe(FREO) J.Blair(COLL)
S.Dwyer(COLL) S.Savage(STK) J.Martin(GC) V.Michie(DEES)
Bench: A.Woodward(HAW) and A.morabito(FREO)

RUCKS:
T.Goldstein(NORTH) A.Sandilands(FREO)
Bench: A.Smith and P.Mitchell = I choose no bodies to keep the fielded players HIGH scorers

FORWARD:
P.Dangerfield(CROWS)  C.Mayne(FREO) L.Henderson(BLUES)
L.Thomas(NORTH)  T.Boyd(GWS)  D.Garlett(HAW)
Bench: M.honeychurch(DOGS) and S.Tatupu(HAW)

I still got $108.400 in salary. Any advice on the side?

Thanks

Andrew3737

Not sure what to say man, its a bit all over the place. I'd start from scratch and go again. Read up some guides and stuff.

powersuperkents

Quote from: WandererzUnited on February 04, 2014, 11:15:19 AM
Great Team.

Back:

MIDS:

RUCKS:
Bench: A.Smith and P.Mitchell = I choose no bodies to keep the fielded players HIGH scorers

FORWARD:

Thanks
First thing DUMP BOYD!!!  :) This season his purpose will be to develop rather than anything else (add the attention from rival teams) and he'll probably only play a few games and score abysmal totals. I like Dangerfield and Mayne is a risky unique pick (Pav is back, Sylvia has joined (both discounted choices (especially Pav) and Gumbleton will all relieve his duties) but besides them (and Honeychurch) you should revise the entire forward line. Think about Franklin, Wingard, Dusty (Wingard is risky but Dusty should be in your line up)? There's also Nathan Bock, Nahas & Mitch Clark who you should also consider rather than rookies.

Get Sam Micheal or something for you ruck bench. I wouldn't trust Sandi in R2, get Nic Nat, Lobbe or someone else for one of the "no bodies" and put Sandi in R3 :) That way he can't screw you over and you'll make cash   

Don't know if Blair & Dwyer are ideal mids. Downgrade one to a rookie (Polec or O'Rourke) and upgrade the other to Scooter, Murphy, Watson, Rocky, Stanton etc. I like the Fyfe & Cotchin pick (have Cotchin myself). Savage's move could pay-off immensely :) I don't know who Woodward is and I would save Morabito as a downgrade option later this season.

Morris and Richards need to go and I'd probably go a different option rather than Mackie but like last year he could prove to be a great unique, my only concern is what's the point of a unique if they don't outscore highly picked backs. Try and get McVeigh & Mitchell into your backline because it could really leave you disadvantaged if you don't have them both

Hope that helps :)

Chelskiman

Quote from: WandererzUnited on February 04, 2014, 11:15:19 AMI choose no bodies to keep the fielded players HIGH scorers

Yeah, this tactic never works.  I take it you're new because a lot of new players tend to think like this.  I know I did in my very first year and it didn't work at all.  That year I didn't take it overly serious anyway, but I think I barely averaged 1600-1700 a week, which is pretty awful, haha.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 05, 2014, 12:50:10 PM
Quote from: WandererzUnited on February 04, 2014, 11:15:19 AMI choose no bodies to keep the fielded players HIGH scorers

Yeah, this tactic never works.  I take it you're new because a lot of new players tend to think like this.  I know I did in my very first year and it didn't work at all.  That year I didn't take it overly serious anyway, but I think I barely averaged 1600-1700 a week, which is pretty awful, haha.
What is this tactic? I don't understand it at all

Chelskiman

Quote from: powersuperkents on February 05, 2014, 04:11:32 PM

Going with the cheapest options you can find for bench cover so your first team can be as strong as possible.

powersuperkents

Quote from: Chelskiman on February 05, 2014, 04:13:17 PM
Quote from: powersuperkents on February 05, 2014, 04:11:32 PM

Going with the cheapest options you can find for bench cover so your first team can be as strong as possible.
oh! I though he was under the impression that if a benched player played the scores would swap or something :)

I'm with you and don't recommend it @WandererzUTd your team needs some form of income and emergency cover. Remember just because players cost more it doesn't mean they are guaranteed to score the highest week in & week out (furthermore you may not actually gain any advantage). In the long run it will screw your team over. Hope that changes your mind unless you feel adamant towards this tactic. Play it if you want to (and it may pay off, with 2 trades per week and unlimited for r2 it may put you ahead if utilised properly) but my advice would be to play it safe :)   

Andrew3737

browny_wce

Quote from: WandererzUnited on February 04, 2014, 11:15:19 AM
Great Team.

Back:

MIDS:

RUCKS:

FORWARD:

Thanks
WTF?!?!
BACKS: Mackie-no, Ted Richards-no, Morris-no - you need two of Mitchell/McViegh/Bartel/Hanley/Simpson
MIDS: Blair-no, Dwyer-no, you need another uber-premiem other then Gaz as Fyfe and Cotchin dont really count - you need someone like Swan/Pendles/Rocky/Scooter/Watson/Beams
RUCKS: random bench-no, probably better value then Goldy aswell
FWDS: Lindsay Thomas-no f-ing way!, Boyd-no, Tetupu-no - need to find a spot for Buddy and one of the older rookies like Rohan or Fasolo or Clark

Have a little look at some other teams mate and go off them, I wouldnt try and be different in your first year
But basically I would clear this whole team apart from Ablett and Dangerfield, Sandilands and Suckling and start again