Main Menu

Tom Hawkins

Started by ROSYS BEER NUTS, February 02, 2014, 09:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ROSYS BEER NUTS

Anyone think Hawkins could be a good pick up this year?
He is a proven 100+ scorer in 2012, and if fit could return to post some big scores.
With the loss of Pods and some home games early, I'm thinking he could be a great POD at M4..?
Thoughts?

tor01doc

🐍 - mad as a cut snake!

Bully

Hawkins is a trading stock, he's capable of going huge and he tends to have very hot streaks (like most key forwards I guess). At 366k he is definitely worth considering. Just know when to fold, anything over 500k might be a good place to cut & run.

His highest scores in 2012 were 159, 147, 139, 139, 135, 130. Three of those were in consecutive games so he's definitely a confidence player. I place him in the same category as Cloke from last season, and the eventual winner used this exact strategy to snare Stevie J. If he looks good in the NAB Cup then he becomes a viable option, I'm  also hearing he's fully recovered from the back injury.

Jroo

If he's over his back problems, he's a good choice at that price. Watch him over the preseason.

shaker

Quote from: Bully on February 02, 2014, 10:30:36 PM
Hawkins is a trading stock, he's capable of going huge and he tends to have very hot streaks (like most key forwards I guess). At 366k he is definitely worth considering. Just know when to fold, anything over 500k might be a good place to cut & run.

His highest scores in 2012 were 159, 147, 139, 139, 135, 130. Three of those were in consecutive games so he's definitely a confidence player. I place him in the same category as Cloke from last season, and the eventual winner used this exact strategy to snare Stevie J. If he looks good in the NAB Cup then he becomes a viable option, I'm  also hearing he's fully recovered from the back injury.

Yeah had him in 2012 and he was great , his price is very tempting but like JR said watch what he does and how he moves preseason