Permanent captain's loophole??

Started by Bully, February 02, 2014, 08:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bully

Are people considering selecting one? Having scanned the fixture, the Doggies have 6 Sunday games in the first 11 rounds but no rookie options, the Kangas have 6 in the first 12 rounds but have a couple of Friday night matches.

Ben Brown from the Kangas looks an excellent alternative, and it might just sway me to lock in Shaun Higgins if doesn't come up by round 1.

Ricochet

Yeh if I did it would be at R4. Haven't looked into it too much though.
Just don't like the idea if there is a decent rookie option available who is playing games

shaker

Quote from: Ricochet on February 03, 2014, 12:03:11 PM
Just don't like the idea if there is a decent rookie option available who is playing games

Yeah looking as though it will be in the rucks at this stage but things can change and yes it's not much use of having someone who plays lots of friday or saturday arvo games just something else to think about

GoLions

More often than not you will have one of your rookies not playing each week, so there's not much point in selecting a player just so that you can use the captain loophole.

Quote from: Ricochet on February 03, 2014, 12:03:11 PM
Agree, would have to be at R4. And yeah, if there's a good rookie available, will take him every day of the week as they will be making plenty of cash to use for upgrades later on.

Ringo

Persnally prefer to take it as it comes and not plan for it.  I prefer to have all my players making money for upgrades. The biggest problem you have in working the Loophole is what is a score to invoke.  I used it 3 times last year where my VC scored in excess of 130 which I took and then my chosen Captain went out and scored more. Did work though on another 2 occassions.

Waht I am saying do not plan for it permanently but with late outs and possible injuries and your team structure allows then do if need be.

Sabretooth Tigers

:)
Same as Ringo, try for the best you can get and let the cards deal themselves. It worked well for me on most occassions but not all. My sticking score was 140 +, but there is a fair bit of luck involved. Cheers.    :)