Hawkers- 2014 Team Progression Thread

Started by hawkers65, October 31, 2013, 02:05:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hawkers65

Hawkers 2014 SC Draft #10ish... Well first for sometime! 1/2/14

Here is my first post for some time as we edge closer to the business stage of creating your foundation for the whole year!

Backline:

McVeigh- Lock, just throw away the key, will be top 3 backs come years end.
Mitchell- "                                         " "                                                "
Thompson- Really liking the Thomo pick, should be some what of a unique who could belt out massive scores, i expect him to go a touch over 100 or anywhere around that mark.
Simpson- Could easily be swapped out for Hibberd to add some consistency to my very up and down backs, but his backhalf to last year is to good to ignore.
Suckers- What needs to be said...
McDonald- Obviously one of the better back rookies ATM.
Laidler- Should see some games and just makes me feel better having him there rather than a Clurey/Battersby/Cutler ect.
Fuller- Has a great chance of just slotting straight into the doggies lineup and play most games, Lock!

Overall Loving this line as it has the potential to belt out a huge overall score, with high ceilings on all keepers. Players keeping an eye on for this line: Hibberd, Swallow, K.Kolo...., Clurey and Battersby

Midfeild:

Ablett- Lock him in, will be a comfortable top 2 averaging player who will punish those without with his usual 180's. Lock him for ever until 45!
Pendles- IMO will average 130+ and push Ablett for that #1 spot in SC, Lock!
Murphy- Slowing becoming more comfortable with him in my side and my projection is 110 for him this year, early easy draw to get him off to a flyer! Value is to good to miss.
Beams- As big a lock as they come! Will average around 120 and priced at under 500k!
Thomas- I'm just imaging a huge year for daisy! I can really see him improving on his previous best of 105! Meaning he could become a very handy bench cover! 100-110 for me.
Beams- Lock and Load at this stage
Ellis- Bargain if he can slip into the weagles side, can score very well.
Dunston- Great pick up for the saints, great young leader and can find the pill, lock!
O'Rourke- If he finds early games he could be one of the steals of the year at virtually standard rookie price #Formernumber2Draftpick!
Garlett- Tipping him to at least play round 1 with Rioli out, but from there who knows! Handy DPP in my mids though.

I have gone for the 2 big guns, followed by the 3 value guys who can produce premium or very close to premium averages which i think is the way to go at this stage. Paired with solid rookies and the dual positioning, i think this is a great line. Players i'm keeping an eye on: Rocky, Wato, Savage, Martin, Tyson and Jelwood. 

Rucks:

NicNat- Huge lock if he finds his way onto the park, has the potential to go 120 one day. Fingers crossed
Sandi- Too could a value to pass up with the potential to average 110+. If injured lets hope with that scoring he will be a straight swap to anther premium.
Thurlow- A chance for a debut this year, ready made and has DPP.
Nankervis- Next best inline for a game, 1 injury could see him get a gig.

Overall, as standard as they come but obviously they are popular for a reason. Players keeping an eye on: Goldy, Grundy/Longer/HMac/Hickey and Currie.

Forwards:

Dangerfield- Lock him in, will go #1 fwd and by a huge margin! 115-120 this year!
Martin- Next best fwd and with a move to half pack with stints in the middle, i see a 105-110 season for Dusty.
Franklin- He is a champ who has the potential to go 115 and priced at just 490k. With a fresh start he'll get back to a top fwd! 105-110.
Pavlich- Absolute legend, if Pav wants a Premiership, this is the year, with a full pre-season, he will go 100+.
Taylor- Looks like getting an early gig, one of the better fwd rooks atm.
Impey- Strong pre-season has him as one of the better options atm.
Harris- Given himself the best chance to get a game early with his pre-season.
Honeychurch- Should play some games this year its a just a matter of when, if he does can score well.

Really liking this line with the 4 solid premo's who can all average 100+. These guys are pretty much locked, but Gunston i think could be barking up Pav's tree, as i see him having a big year. He too could almost go 100+. Averaged like 98 from memory on his run home, including finals. These guys have been accompanied with some solid rooks who are far from locked or locked into their respective sides, will have to wait until after the nab to decide. Players keeping an eye on: Gunston, Clarke, Higgins, Fasolo and Lennon

So guys, would love some thoughts on my team!
Cheers Hawkers!

aussied

Fantasic obviously done you're research. :)

Quote from: hawkers65 on February 01, 2014, 09:10:08 AM
Hawkers 2014 SC Draft #10ish... Well first for sometime! 1/2/14
Ablett- Lock him in, will be a comfortable top 2 averaging player who will punish those without with his usual 180's. Lock him for ever until 45!

id give him 50 ;)   but i recon pendles might just give him a run for his money this year now that he has become captain.

I myself not sure on ellis, will have to see how he goes in the NAB cup hopefully he has put on some weight and hit the gym hard preseason. however i guess if he gets 4 starting games his value can increase and become a very easy cash cow.

Dunston will be rising star this year if saints can win more then 4 games. already a great leader.

If Zorko is in the midfield this year id trade pav. still not sold on him as of yet.

i see no reason to rate your team you have done your research and know what you are doing.

goodluck mate, see you in the finals :D

hawkers65

Quote from: aussied on February 01, 2014, 12:30:05 PM
Fantasic obviously done you're research. :)

Quote from: hawkers65 on February 01, 2014, 09:10:08 AM

id give him 50 ;)   but i recon pendles might just give him a run for his money this year now that he has become captain.

I myself not sure on ellis, will have to see how he goes in the NAB cup hopefully he has put on some weight and hit the gym hard preseason. however i guess if he gets 4 starting games his value can increase and become a very easy cash cow.

Dunston will be rising star this year if saints can win more then 4 games. already a great leader.

If Zorko is in the midfield this year id trade pav. still not sold on him as of yet.

i see no reason to rate your team you have done your research and know what you are doing.

goodluck mate, see you in the finals :D

I too think Pendles will go nuts! Ellis despite being so light can really play! 2008 (Haha yeah ages ago) was an amazing year on his part. Will be a steal if he can find his way into the squad. I agree if not win Dunston will go very close. Like i said if i traded Pav it would definitely be to Gunston. Ahahaha cheers man, much appreciated!