Can you please rate my supercoach team .

Started by cruiser4001, March 10, 2010, 04:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cruiser4001

Just wondering if you could rate my Supercoach team please .

Backs : Goddard , S.Fisher , Hodge , Gram , Hunt , Ladson , Waters , (Sheppard , Davis) .

Mids : Swan , Pendlebury , J.Selwood , Burgoyne , D.Martin , Barlow , (Moles , Blease) .

Rucks : A.Sandilands , D.Jolley , (Warnock , Skipper)

Forwards : N.Riewoldt , Didak , Pavlich , R.Murphy , B.Hall , Medhurst , Rohan , (Watts , Gumbleton)

mjpaps

Fairly solid team.
Like most of us - a few injury concerns in the backline.
If the Hawks Burgoyne - I would get rid of him.
Gone abit heavy in the ruck IMO - but they are goodf point scorers.

8.5 / 10***rate mine please***

Wild Thing

Overall, not a bad side at all.  A few points of personal opinion:

1.  No Ablett, I know some people think he'll go down in value but I think of it this way...He's worth 744k which is 7.44% of your salary cap.  Even if he averages 130 (10 less than he's valued at) and is captain (meaning a score of 260) and your team averages 2100, he's scoring you 12.38% of your total team score when you've invested only 7.44% of your salary cap on him.  Seems like good business to me!!

2. Hunt, Ladson and Waters are all risky.  Most people will have probably 2 of those 3, but I think someone like Levi Greenwood ($236k) is good value, has had a full pre season and will spend the majority of his time in the North Melbourne midfield or HBF.  I consider him a more reliable option.

3. For me, Burgoyne is a big no, but again, all this is only my opinion.  There are better options for him IMO (M. McVeigh for one).

4. I think you're too top heavy in the ruck, but it might well pay off, might be worth downgrading Jolly to Seaby or even Hudson or someone like that who's going to play #1 ruck at their clubs and get you 65-75 each week.  You can then use those $ to upgrade Burgoyne.

5. I'm not sold on Didak based on the fact that every other team now knows that he can't cop a tough tag (Jones, Picken, Jackson etc).

6. Rob Murphy is a risk.  I don't think he's been or will ever be the same player as before he did his knee (and I'm a Dogs fan).

7. Medhurst is a risk but if he re-captures his 2008 form, he could be a steal.

8. I'm not sure of Rohan's TOG this year.

9. Jack Watts is injured and needs to be taken out.

10. Sam Blease is behind a lot of other players at Melbourne (Trengove, Scully, Strauss, Green, Davey, Bruce, Moloney, Jones etc) and I don't think he'll play much at all this year.

That's about it.  Please don't take any personal offence as these are only my opinions.

hawk_88

Just going to play devil's advocate here.

Quote from: Wild Thing on March 10, 2010, 05:23:25 AM
1.  No Ablett, I know some people think he'll go down in value but I think of it this way...He's worth 744k which is 7.44% of your salary cap.  Even if he averages 130 (10 less than he's valued at) and is captain (meaning a score of 260) and your team averages 2100, he's scoring you 12.38% of your total team score when you've invested only 7.44% of your salary cap on him.  Seems like good business to me!!

Average is the term of interest here. Supercoach is basically like playing the stock market. The trick being to buy low and sell high, and those who best estimate where those low and high points are do the best.

He may average 130 for the season, but after a short and interrupted preseason, Ablett isn't looking as good as he has been. Now you would have to be stupid to suggest he would achieve anything less than 90% of his effort overall last year, but for the first few round, he might struggle to reach 80. 3 rounds of 80 and he will go down in price, lets say to 710K. So then he averages 130 for the season, but you missed 3 crap (for Ablett) games so for the 19 games he plays for you he averages 140. This means he gets 13.3% (as captain) of your 2100 at 7.1% of your initial salary cap (which would probably be more like 6.9% after the gains you make in the first 3 rounds).

Now, that may be convoluted but it makes my point. Taking Ablett from the get go is playing it safe. Which is fine. Taking the risk that he will go down can yield rewards. You need to take a few risks to overtake the pack. You will notice many teams are looking very similar around here. A couple of different picks and some good plans for the initial trades can set up apart.

3. For me, Burgoyne is a big no, but again, all this is only my opinion.  There are better options for him IMO (M. McVeigh for one).

He averaged 115 in 2006 and 103 in 2007/08. The bet you have to take is will he get fit. He doesn't have the ruck talent around him but he has a much stronger midfield and given he will be playing outside, this will probably only help his scores. If he plays this week in the NAB challenge we will get a better sense of where he is at.

5. I'm not sold on Didak based on the fact that every other team now knows that he can't cop a tough tag (Jones, Picken, Jackson etc).

Although the tag does sometimes drag him down, with Davis and Swan also requiring tags and Shaw often requiring a defensive forward, who gets the hard tag? It might mean he is a little inconstant, but his average will be in the 100s no doubt.

6. Rob Murphy is a risk.  I don't think he's been or will ever be the same player as before he did his knee (and I'm a Dogs fan).

I think he has shown some good signs in the preseason and NAB games. I don't think his score will go any lower, so I don't think he is a risk. However, whether he can reach the heights of the past is the question. If you think he can pick him as he will be a steal if that is the case.

alman

Probably leave burgoyne out of any starting side as he is very unlikely to play R1 due to the hammy he tore last week

hawk_88

Quote from: alman on March 10, 2010, 12:40:55 PM
Probably leave burgoyne out of any starting side as he is very unlikely to play R1 due to the hammy he tore last week

Good point, forgot about that.

Prospector_1

Yeah. Apart from that, your analysis is brill Hawk.

Noticed you don't argue points 2, and 7 through 10.

The "cruiser" could take that as 5 out of 10 points worth taking more account of!

hawk_88

No issues with points at all. Totally agree with points 2, 7, 8, 9 and 10, even when playing Devil's Advocate. That is how much I think the "cruiser" should listen to those points.

With the other 5, it is worth considering both sides, maybe doing a little of research into the points raised and making your mind up from there "cruiser". In the end it is your team and we are only here to help.