Which option battle!

Started by eaglesman, January 29, 2014, 10:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

Marc Murphy and Hamish Mcintosh/Brodie Grundy

vs

Shane Savage and Nic Nat/Luey/Ryder (any other ruck under kreuzer)

My thinking behind this is that potentially the first option provides more risk than option 2. Murphy could struggle with a tag but even so will probably outscore savage. HMAC obvious injury concerns and competition for ruck ... grundy has ruck spot his own but possible scoring issue

option 2 savage could very well score really well albeit he belongs in the saints who will finish very low on the ladder and likely cop thumpings... however savage should most certainly increase in price by 150k relatively comfortably .... but the ruck is going to be more likely and a keeper

interested on thoughts lads

quinny88

Savage and NicNat for me.

NicNat is a must IMO (providing he's fit)
I have no doubt in my mind he will score 110+ if he stays on the park and injury free.
Savage not a favourite of mine but you can't lose by getting him. He's gonna make you money.

roti

If NicNat is fit then go him

NicNat 110 and Savage 85 = 195

Murphy 105 and Grundy/Hmac 75= 180

NicNat is also a keeper and savage will make you good cash, while murphy might be a keeper as long as he goes back to his best form, and you'll have to upgrade grundy/hmac

Less risky and more reward really :)

Anthonyyyy

I would rather Murphy and say H-Mac but only if you don't have Sandi in your rucks already

Ricochet

I think you really need to figure out a way to get both MMurphy and NicNat in somehow man.

Murphy will get back to 110+ and NicNat is a must if fit.

Do you already have Sandi?

eaglesman

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 10:20:46 AM
I think you really need to figure out a way to get both MMurphy and NicNat in somehow man.

i was comfortable at this stage playing hmac but i am not comfortable with murphy in my team, i am not a fan of the bloke ... sandi is a must at his price so yes i have him and have dixon in the forwards for a swing ... i would like nic nat yes but dont think he is necessarily a must have ... tricky one the rucks this season

roti

Quote from: eaglesman on January 30, 2014, 01:28:19 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 10:20:46 AM

i was comfortable at this stage playing hmac but i am not comfortable with murphy in my team, i am not a fan of the bloke ... sandi is a must at his price so yes i have him and have dixon in the forwards for a swing ... i would like nic nat yes but dont think he is necessarily a must have ... tricky one the rucks this season

Not the biggest fan of murph myself but if he is fit and in good form he will comfortably average 110 which is a steal at under 500k

Jroo

Seeing as you have Sandi it's a bit risky to have HMac or  Grundy too, so I'd probably go with Nic Nat.
Not a huge Savage fan, is there are any other better options around that price?

Baggers2012

Quote from: JROO8 on January 30, 2014, 02:34:53 PM
Seeing as you have Sandi it's a bit risky to have HMac or  Grundy too, so I'd probably go with Nic Nat.

NicNat is a bigger risk than HMac IMO, both have injury clouds hanging over them, the only difference is NicNat is 200k more. A 300k injury prone player is less of a risk that a 500k injury prone player, I do however think a fit NicNat is a bargain at that price. Dixon as cover for the Sandi-HMac combo eliminates a lot of the risk, if both of them go down consider yourself stiff.

Ricochet

Quote from: Baggers2012 on January 30, 2014, 03:37:25 PM

NicNat is a bigger risk than HMac IMO, both have injury clouds hanging over them, the only difference is NicNat is 200k more. A 300k injury prone player is less of a risk that a 500k injury prone player, I do however think a fit NicNat is a bargain at that price. Dixon as cover for the Sandi-HMac combo eliminates a lot of the risk, if both of them go down consider yourself stiff.
At what point do we classify a player as injury prone? Since his debut year NicNat has played 20 or more games in every year except for last year. HMac has played 8 games since 2010

eaglesman

Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 03:50:18 PM

At what point do we classify a player as injury prone? Since his debut year NicNat has played 20 or more games in every year except for last year. HMac has played 8 games since 2010

to put it simply right now! the bigger risk out of HMac and Nic nat is CLEARLY HMAC ... HMAC is bargain priced, not necessarily the number 1 ruck at the cats until proven that he is and is injury prone to the hell ... if he goes down early who do we pick? longer who is cheaper or try find the cash that i hope u have saved to get to grundy early on?

nic nat is clearly number 1 ruck, supercoach loved and is at a price where finding replacements are incredibly easy to manage ,,, heck you could even bring hmac in for him if it all goes bad or indeed if hmac gets off to a flyer and is set to soar in price and therefore make him a must have pick up early

Jackross10

Nat and Savage for me aswell.

Ricochet

Quote from: eaglesman on January 30, 2014, 10:59:42 PM
Quote from: Ricochet on January 30, 2014, 03:50:18 PM

to put it simply right now! the bigger risk out of HMac and Nic nat is CLEARLY HMAC ... HMAC is bargain priced, not necessarily the number 1 ruck at the cats until proven that he is and is injury prone to the hell ... if he goes down early who do we pick? longer who is cheaper or try find the cash that i hope u have saved to get to grundy early on?

nic nat is clearly number 1 ruck, supercoach loved and is at a price where finding replacements are incredibly easy to manage ,,, heck you could even bring hmac in for him if it all goes bad or indeed if hmac gets off to a flyer and is set to soar in price and therefore make him a must have pick up early
Exactly what I was trying to say. Can hardly classify NicNat as injury prone after one interrupted year