Supercoach opens and my team completely changes

Started by eaglesman, January 31, 2014, 12:08:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

eaglesman

Houli Hurn Henderson grimes suckling kolodjashnij (fuller gardiner)

Ablett Fyfe Murphy Beams BEllis Martin Xellis  (Garlett, dunstan)

Nic Nat Sandi (thurlow nankervis)

Dangerfield Martin Franklin Zorko Bock Taylor (Impey Kersten)

GCSkiwi

Not sure what your first team looked like but I don't much like this team to be honest

Def: I can't see any of your D1-4 being keepers, or generating enough cash to be worth an eventual 4 trades for keepers. Suckling is standard to make some coin, rookies all TBC but look good enough for the moment. But considering I think that line will change entirely by the end of the year, it's no good.
Mid: Bit of a drop off from Ablett to Fyfe, fyfe is a gun but I would rather him at M3 behind one of the more proven jets like Pendles, Jelwood, Watson, Griffen, Cotchin, Rocky. Murphy only represents value if he can actually shake a tag this year, I'm not sold on him yet. Beams is a must. B.Ellis an interesting pick - do you see him improving spectacularly though? He as a great pick last year, not so sure this year. Again rookies TBC
Rucks: par for the course at the moment
Forwards: Nice work here, Danger a must, Dustmart I personally don't like because he burned me 2 years running but he's probably a good pick... Franklin can hopefully return to stellar form at the swans, certainly underpriced, and hopefully Zork is over the 2nd year blues. I can't decide whether I would rather Bock or a rookie tbh, Bock has better JS I guess...

The defence kills it for me, the forward line is strong, rucks standard, Mids ok but defense is poor. Lot's of people against having 2 rookie defenders on field but you could DG one of your D1-4 to McDonald who should play and spread the cash to upgrade the rest of them. Mitchell at least is close to a must-have. Alternately if you don't want 2 rookies playing in def then maybe DG BEllis to a rookie in the mids and spread cash there...

I notice you don't have any of the cheap demons in there, worth considering any of Clark, Hogan, Michie, Tyson or Kennedy-Harris if they get named... round 10 bye favours them strategically...

eaglesman

ok points have been noted and i agree mitchell is someone i think i must pick in the backs

i still have not given up trying to get brandon ellis back into this team as i suspect he will go big this season

updated comes to

mitchell houli henderson grimes suckling kolodjashnij (fuller, gardiner)

ablett fyfe scottselwood beams thomas martin ellis dunstan (honeychurch garlett)

Nic nat sandi (thurlow nankervis)

Dangerfield Martin Dixon Franklin Caddy Taylor (impey kennedy harris)

I can not believe i have picked a team with caddy in it ... someone on here will shoot me, but they have convinced me to have him in the squad of 50 atm :)

thoughts now? $11000 and byes 10/10/10