jacksonmcguire's first team

Started by jacksonmcguire, February 12, 2014, 05:04:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jacksonmcguire

Hey people,

First crack at a team for this year, appreciate your thoughts/feedback/criticism..

Here for Beer:

Def: K Simpson, McVeigh, Bartel, S Mitchell, K Kolodjashnij, Howard (Fuller, L McDonald)

Mid: Rockliff, Swan, Beams, Fyfe, B Ellis, X Ellis, Michie, J Martin (Dunstan, O'Rourke)

Ruck: Minson, Sandilands (Currie, Derickx)

Forwards: Dangerfield, Martin, Wingard, Franklin, M Clark, Kersten (Bock, Rohan)

Cheers..

AFL Babble

Backs: Fuller is not Brett Goodes. His averages at lower levels suggest he'll be a stopper in the mould of Alan Toovey, but slower.

Mids: Too many cheapies (5). More on why that's bad later.

Rucks: Good, good. Derickx is awful though. Nankervis is the one you want.

Fwds: Mitch Clark is too injury prone.  Rohan has oodles of class, but I think people have been seduced by his flashiness rather than his numbers. I don't think hell do much better than last year.

Overall: I worry about how many rookie priced players you have on the field. Not so much down back as Kolod, Howard and McDonald are good chances to play. But XEllis, Michie, Martin, Dunstan and O'Rourke have a lot of pressure on them. If two or more don't play, I worry that you're going to have to do a very quick restructure after teams are announced. Imagine putting all this thought in and then having to pick your actual team in 1 day.

I recommend more mid-pricers. One rookie on the field in mids and backs would be better.