Main Menu

Pavlich to lead Fremantle in 2014

Started by valkorum, January 22, 2014, 07:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

http://www.fremantlefc.com.au/news/2014-01-22/pavlich-to-lead-fremantle-again-in-2014

QuoteMatthew Pavlich will captain Fremantle for an eighth season, while Lee Spurr has been added to the leadership group for the 2014 season.

From memory it looks like Lee Spurr is in and Balla is out.

valkorum

I should have read all of the article - forgot about Mayne

QuotePavlich said 2013 members Hayden Ballantyne and Chris Mayne were among the group of players at Fremantle who received strong voting support from their teammates and would continue to contribute strongly to the playing group because of their leadership experience.

T Dog

Has any one heard how the big man is training this pre season?

valkorum

Quote from: T Dog on January 23, 2014, 03:08:02 PM

Which big man - Pav or Sandi.   Either way the answer is the same - they are both training well.

T Dog

Quote from: valkorum on January 23, 2014, 03:29:55 PM
Quote from: T Dog on January 23, 2014, 03:08:02 PM

Which big man - Pav or Sandi.   Either way the answer is the same - they are both training well.

Thanks Valk..Pav was on my mind....can actually fit him in my teams this year.. ;D

valkorum

I am not sure about Pav.  He will play as a stay at home forward (which he did last season) and that doesn't bode well for fantasy scores.  I personally would steer clear of him

*Disclaimer* Just because I dont like him for fantasy does not... I REPEAT, DOES NOT mean he isn't a champion and the best player to ever play for Fremantle.

Ricochet

Quote from: valkorum on January 24, 2014, 10:50:51 AM
*Disclaimer* Just because I dont like him for fantasy does not... I REPEAT, DOES NOT mean he isn't a champion and the best player to ever play for Fremantle.
But... what about Clive Waterhouse?? :P

valkorum

Clive is 3rd on my list behind Pavlich and Bell

T Dog

Quote from: valkorum on January 24, 2014, 10:50:51 AM
I am not sure about Pav.  He will play as a stay at home forward (which he did last season) and that doesn't bode well for fantasy scores.  I personally would steer clear of him

Thanks Valk..was having him as F5..nicely priced at around 70 - 80 average I was hoping. The fitness for regular games was my concern but will widen the search.. :D

valkorum

Pav will average around 70 - 80 IMO.  Some games he will ton up and others he will stink it up - thats the nature of the beast when you are a stay at home forward.