Which 3 defenders would you choose?

Started by ben_020285, January 21, 2014, 11:36:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ben_020285

Already have S Thompson and Suckling locked in. Price constraints and bye structure leaves me with the 6 options above.

Please vote for which combo you think will score the most this year and feel free to give your reasons.

Thanks!

_wato

I think the top option mate. Although both Mcveigh and Mitchell will be top 6 and must haves at the end of the year I cannot say the same about Grimes and that's why I feel Hibberd, Hanley and Simpson is the better choice. Three consistent scorers and should all stabilise or even improve on their averages from 2013. All show great value for money, especially Simpson who averaged over 106 from the bye onwards, and both Hibberd and Hanley who are both vastly improving.

The only way I'd justify picking Mitchell, Hanley and Grimes is if you feel Mitchell can out score Simpson by more than 10 points per game and Grimes can stay within 5 points per game of Hibberd.

Best of luck with whatever you choose mate.

GoLions

I think Mitchell is the 2nd biggest "must have" in the backline (after Suckling), and reckon Hanley is a better pick than Hibberd, so I would go with option 4.

shaker

Quote from: GoLions16 on January 22, 2014, 02:54:42 AM
I think Mitchell is the 2nd biggest "must have" in the backline (after Suckling), and reckon Hanley is a better pick than Hibberd, so I would go with option 4.

Agree got to have Mitchell so No 4 for me to

_wato

Yeah or just do as Lions said.

The only problem with choice 1 is that you won't be certain all three will be top 6 defenders come season end, whereas with option 4 you know that two will and the other (Grimes) will make you good cash to upgrade later on.

Really a gut decision now.