Midfielders to look at in NAB Challenge

Started by Locandro, February 02, 2014, 11:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Locandro

Want to know which MID's you're looking out for in the NAB Challenge. POD premiums, mid pricers and mature rookies preferred. Thanks.

WizzFizz

LF

Bully

Rookies

Viv Michie & Dom Tyson should be getting some serious game time, I prefer Michie at this stage given his strong WAFL form and the fact he's cheaper.

Luke Dunstan is perhaps the best value of all the first year rookies, he's dirt cheap and will slot seamlessly into St Kilda's decimated midfield.

Anthony Morabito
is quite literally on his last legs but we all know he has talent. He's never been cheaper and despite the LARS surgery should be pushing for early selection.

Jack Martin is silky smooth and should comfortably average 80+, but is his starting price a bit too high? Tough to answer but I'll be steering clear in an effort to use the 100k elsewhere.

Nathan Gordon has really impressed at Tigerland in the preseason, he's AFL ready and can play forward or in the midfield. he already has the stamina and his blue ribbon apprenticeship at the Swans must earn him some extra brownie points.

Dayle Garlett still needs to work on his defensive side but he's a likely candidate for Supercoach given his ability to hit the scoreboard. His dual position status is also something which works in his favour but beware, his relative lack of fitness could see him being a prime vest candidate.

Lewis Taylor was one of my favourite players from the draft, I couldn't believe he slipped so far and one recruiter had him in their top ten. He's recovering from a foot injury so he may not be ready for the NAB Cup, however if he does get an early look in then seriuosly consider.

Sam Gray finished second in the Magarey and is ready to go for Port. He may be an early vest contender so tread with caution but he's priced so attractively that he could make a quick 200k if given some early opportunities.

Premium Midfielders

Mark my words when I say that Trent Cotchin is underpriced. I fully expect him to star this year given he battled through a hyper-extended knee injury for the entire season. Prior to his injury against Freo, he was pumping out 120 scores with regularity and with Richmond's tasty draw, should return to the ranks of super-premo.

Dayne Beams & Marc Murphy are locks in my team, both are discounted to the tune of 100k and represent this year's Fyfe/Barlow/Mundy bargain basement selections.

And finally, Gary Ablett is a must, people are trying to find reasons to leave him out but this is crazy talk. He will easily be in the top 8 mids by seasons end and to miss the points for 7-8 weeks is flirting with disaster.