Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

Noz

Quote from: greenmoon on November 03, 2013, 08:04:25 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 03, 2013, 06:33:04 PM
Quote from: greenmoon on November 03, 2013, 05:16:27 PM
Quote from: kilbluff1985 on November 03, 2013, 03:58:10 PM
hey guys stupid question time

does place mean finish top 3 or 1st or 2nd?
Going with the family Sea Moon.
Backing up with Dear Demi VDC and Super Cool

You quote me but don't answer the question?

Lol wtfy
Sorry mate just my tips
but yes first 3 over the line collect a place div

It depends on the amount of horses/dogs in the race. If there is a field of 7 or less then a place bet only means 1st and 2nd this is where you would see NTD on the screen meaning No Third Dividends.

Nige

Hey lads. If you're interested, I'm running a sweep for the big race tomorrow. Sign yourselves up here if you're keen.  :)

BratPack

BP's By No Means Reliable One Line Melbourne Cup Preview

1. Dunaden - 33-1: Can't win, just like last year the weight will set him up, the lack of pace will knock him down.

2. Green Moon - 33-1: Been drifting all the way but you can't write him off, Big ask at the weight though

3. Red Cadeaux - 50-1 See Dunaden. No pace, no hope

4. Sea Moon - 12-1 It's in the race but a big ask to win your first Group 1 in the Cup, I'll be laying him

5. Brown Panther - 16-1 Getting a lot of attention due to its owner and did win the key international lead in race, should be in the finish

6. Fiorente - 6-1 FAV Eyecatching run in the Cox, 2nd last year and comes off better. If Gai doesn't get with this one she may never.

7. Foreteller - 25-1 Another to catch the eye in the Cox but unlike Fiorente distance is a huge query still. Multiples at best

8. Dandino - 10-1 It appeals....but I'm not sure if I trust the Caulfield Cup form this year. Can't leave it out though

9. Ethiopia - 66-1 You all didn't listen last year, maybe you will this year. IT....CAN'T....WIN!

10. Fawkner - 15-1 Not for me, ran its race in the Caulfield and I don't trust the form from that race.

11. Mourayan - 125-1 Well it'll get the 3200....you can't say that about every horse in this race. Just making up the numbers

12. Seville - 16-1 It's been specked at the Call of the Card today so you can't toss it, Form's a bit spotty for me though,. Multiples only

13. Super Cool - 50-1 Mark Kavanagh says he's been set for this race, he'd want to be cause the lead up has been flowering atrocious. Couldn't have it

14. Masked Marvel - 33-1 Has beaten Brown Panther and Sea Moon....Two years ago, also was his last win. Nope

15. Mount Athos - 8-1 Comes back from a strong run last year with the same weight and looks to be in the same sort of form, gotta have something on it.

16. Royal Empire - 20-1 General rule of Godolphin and the Cup: When they're NOT talking, get on, won the same race Mount Athos did lead into last year. Sneaky Each Way Claims.

17. Voleuse De Coeurs - 14-1 Smashed it home in the Irish St Ledger, comes in 7 kilos better off from that run and is undefeated over 3200 (2 from 2). Can win regardless of condition, would still prefer the give in the ground though.

18. Hawkspur - 12-1 Another with claims, but another where I can't have it because I don't trust the Caulfield form. Will run a race, but not for me

19. Simenon - 15-1 One of the 5 that got specked at the Call of the Card. Won over 4000 so distance is no worry. Worth consideration, but I can't see a part time jumper winning.

20. Ibicenco - 50-1 There were a few bites at the Call of the Card and Geelong Cup form is generally a good indication, plus it will get the distance. Smoky.

21. Verema - 12-1 The 5th who got specked at the Call of the Card and for good reason, comes out of the same stable as Americain and has a small weight. She's a player.

22. Dear Demi - 16-1 Was unlucky in the Mackinnon, did win the Oaks and is about the only Caulfield Cup run that I would actually follow, set for a big one.

23. Tres Blue - 20-1 The "other" Waterhouse runner. Very hard to read as it comes from different form to the other internationals. I think it needs the give in the ground though. Pass

24. Ruscello - 50-1 Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice? With a lightweight he'll give them something to chase in the final 400, but this is the Cup, not the Lexus. No Way.

BP's Top 6: 21 Verema
6 Fiorente
5 Brown Panther
16 Royal Empire
15 Mount Athos
20 Ibicenco

Noz

Final bets for the cup

$50 on Sea Moon

$20 Sea Moon/Dandino/Super Cool/Verema/Dear Demi (Flexi Tri - 33%)

$20 Sea Moon/Dandino/Super Cool/Verema/Dear Demi/Hawkspur (Flexi First 4 - 5.55%)

T Dog

6, 8, 10, 12,17, 18,....Quin, trif, pick 4.... :P

kingkingston

My annual Melbourne Cup tips
Race 1 Oakleigh Girl
Race 2 Endless Shadow
Race 3 Junoob
Race 4 Koonoomoo
Race 5 Diamond Oasis
Race 6 Politeness
Race 7 Mount Athos...............another to keep an eye on is Voleuse De Coeurs
Race 8 Rain Drum
Race 9 Avoid Lightning
Race 10 Stratigraphy

one from one so far

tbagrocks

Turns out the placings were almost predictable, no thanks to me :P

Anyway, wtf is going on here at 1:59?  Saw it live and  :o

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/8750476/king-revels-with-racegoers

No comment :-X

tbagrocks

Ok a tricky day of racing on a possible wet track?

tbags tips:
R5 Zonza to bounce back in a weeker field!
R6: Get on Buffering ;)  Best sprinter around these days
R7 is tricky but! With the rain: Sacred Falls! Loves it
R8: La Amistad :o 

tbagrocks

Well, Zonza failed :P  Sacred Falls had a Drier track than I wanted (Raining so much in Tassie) ::)  Knew Boban would be the winner :P

La Amistad wasn't given a chance by a dud jockey ::)

Who got on Buffering ;D