This is greatness - Evil Weevils 2014

Started by stew42, October 29, 2013, 12:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

So, here we go lads.

Realistic version
TEAM NAME: Evil Weevils
DEF: J. McVeigh, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, B. Waters, M. Suckling, S. Docherty (M. Scharenberg, A. Browne)
MID: J. Selwood, T. Liberatore, M. Murphy, D. Beams, C. Beams, D. Tyson, N. Graham, J. Polec (J. Martin, A. Morabito)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, S. Mumford (B. Longer, L. McBean)
FWD: T. Rockliff, L. Franklin, N. Naitanui, D. Thomas, G. Rohan, A. Fasolo (D. Menzel, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $347,100

ALL OF DA CASH VERSION
DEF: J. McVeigh, B. Gibbs, G. Birchall, B. Waters, M. Suckling, S. Docherty (M. Scharenberg, A. Browne)
MID: J. Selwood, J. Watson, M. Murphy, D. Beams, T. Cotchin, D. Tyson, N. Graham, J. Polec (J. Martin, A. Morabito)
RUC: M. Kreuzer, S. Mumford (B. Longer, L. McBean)
FWD: T. Rockliff, L. Franklin, N. Naitanui, D. Thomas, G. Rohan, A. Fasolo (D. Menzel, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $1,200

Notes:
Yes, I have a lot of cash left over. I will keep some cash in hand until official prices come out. Would spend any remaining moolah upgrading CBeams.

No GAJ or Swan, I know :( But I'm wagering that Jelwood can keep up his end of 2013. Would definitely be captain option. Plus Beams.

If Malthouse doesn't play Nick Graham next year, I'm cracking skulls!

I have also gone with two el cheapos who are so injury affected it's not funny, in Morabito and Menzel. I guess Rohan and Fasolo also kind of fit into that category. When we know more about rooks (ie. post NAB), they might be downgraded.

Mr.Craig

Firstly the weaknesses - Menzel isn't expected to be in line for selection until late in the season so you can scrub him. Rohan...well you'd be in a better position to judge him but gee, I wonder just how stable his position is and if he can even put in enough games to be a decent cow. Not to mention that he's only scored 70+ three times in his career! There's a couple of other guys I disagree with but that's just personal opinion.

On the plus side, some great value picks like Dom, Polec, Docherty and a good structure too. :)

SydneyRox

Well done Stew, early days, but I think its a good plan for now to have all the cash left over for alterations.

I am off Murphy for good, so dont like that one. Would replace with a Jack, JPK - cos u need a Swan mid! :)
Not sure I agree with the Libba to Watson in your cashed up version, think Libba is still going to get better.
Mr C is right, on Menzel, I have him in BXV and was following to see his progress. Maybe thats the teams issue as well, lots of players with huge upside and risk involved. Rohan, Morabito, Menzel may be too many, while I think Fasolo is a good risk.

stew42

Cheers Craigy and SR, a shame about Menzel, will be a brilliant downgrade option!

Rohan's an interesting one, I was picking him as a cash cow with JS. He shouldn't have to much injury troubles, and is definitely in our best 22. But now I think of it, Sam Reid looks a ripper option. Will take a third defender now... I'm pretty sure in the Lions game this year Reid took 7 marks in the first quarter and he took the number 2 defender then they had to move Merret on to him, reckon if he's played fwd he could get of the leash and kick 50 for the year. Anyway, now I'm rambling, but it's something to think about. In the meantime I'll put Michie in there

So Rohan and Menzel out, Michie and Lennon in (who I've heard good things about)

Morabito will definitely be fit for Rnd 1 if his knee doesn't disintegrate.

stew42

Oh, and SR, which mid? Jack, an underpriced JPK, Hanners, Mitchell, breakout-candidate Parker? So many choices haha  8)

Nige

Quote from: stew42 on October 29, 2013, 02:25:03 PM
Oh, and SR, which mid? Jack, an underpriced JPK, Hanners, Mitchell, breakout-candidate Parker? So many choices haha  8)

You were supposed to keep that last name under wraps mate.  :P

SydneyRox

YUP  8) Which surprises me you dont have any!!

JPK is the obvious one. Had "he who shall not be mentioned" most of last year and he was fantastic, another pre season and he will get better. I do worry about the fantasy scoring from our mids, so many options and all willing to play a team first game, will effect scores more than ball pigs like Swan and GAJ

nrich102

Karnezis would look good in that forward line. Maybe instead ofRohan.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: NigeyS on October 29, 2013, 02:27:21 PM

You were supposed to keep that last name under wraps mate.  :P

This is what happened when I started Parker...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf5uwbdee9A

popedelio

Waters, Morabito and Menzel are all players you might need to consider to change. All still under injury clouds. Other then that solid selections

stew42

Update :) I'm liking these changes a lot, and prices permitting, I'd be stoked to take this into R1

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, P. Seedsman, M. Suckling, S. Docherty, S. Darley (M. Fuller, A. Browne)
MID: S. Pendlebury, S. Selwood, J. Selwood, J. Watson, D. Beams, D. Tyson, C. Beams, N. Graham (A. Morabito, J. Martin)
RUC: T. Goldstein, S. Mumford (B. Longer, L. McBean)
FWD: T. Rockliff, A. Christensen, L. Franklin, D. Thomas, M. Clark, V. Michie (J. Patton, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $21,400

Plus I did a smokey side for fun  ;D

TEAM NAME: Smokey
DEF: P. Hanley, J. Adcock, T. McKenzie, M. Suckling, S. Darley, D. Gardiner (C. Howard, M. Fuller)
MID: P. Dangerfield, J. Steven, T. Liberatore, D. Prestia, S. Sidebottom, L. Parker, D. Sheed, X. Ellis (J. Martin, A. Morabito)
RUC: M. Lobbe, C. Dixon (B. Longer, T. Derickx)
FWD: T. Rockliff, C. Wingard, S. Mayes, J. Watts, J. Lamb, J. Stringer (L. McBean, J. Hogan)
CASH LEFT: $48,300

popedelio

I like both sides. As we had a discussion on my team about rookies. They may be more over priced this season, but there always tends to be a couple of them that burst on to the scene and score strongly, so obviously you prefer these guys over the likes of C.Beams, Graham, Morabito etc. Hopefully in the preseason we can identify these rookies :)