Team Version 6 - What do you think

Started by tnator, March 08, 2010, 09:00:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tnator

This is what i've got so far.  Interested in what people think.

Backs
N Bock, S Fisher, L Hodge, T Kennelly, N Krakouer, N Suban, J Hunt
(M Maguire, P Davis)

Mids
GAJ, A Goodes, S Mitchell, B Ebert(The west coast one), T Scully, D Martin
(L Jetta, L Shuey)
Rucks
Sandi, NicNat (J Trengove, W Skipper)

Forwards
N Riedwoldt, R O'Keefe, J Riedwoldt, B Hall, R Murphey, P Dangerfield, C Mayne (C Hitchcock, G Rohan)

Resch

Krakeour is a fairly unique and does play lose halfback.  Burnt me last year though.  Nice back line

Mid is weak.  Don't like Goodes there.

Rucks OK.  Not a NicNat fan myself but your call.

Forwards OK.  Jack Riewoldt is a bit unique but not sure on service he will get from Tiges.

7.5/10 Mainly for weak midfield

c4v3m4n

Your team is definately different to the ones that have been popping up! Nice one...

Backs - Fine, solid enough picks.

Mid - Not bad but as much as I love Goodes, his NAB Cup performances haven't been good at all and you might find that Selwood or Judd are better choices.

Rucks - Solid.

Forward - Not bad, but IMO, downgrade Riewoldt to Warren or Ballantyne and then upgrade Murphy to Giansiracusa if you can. I share the same concerns that Resch has and to futher it, I really havent seen anything from Murphy that shows he can regain the great form he used to have.

Overall - 8.5/10 (extra half point for unique players). Good luck!

hawk_88

Jump off Goodes, not because of his NAB cup form (that is irrelevant) but because of his changed role. He generally received the crumb from stoppages, but moving into from the midfield to CHF he will see much less of the ball. Use the midfield spot for a full time midfielder.

Replace Jack Riewoldt. Leave Murphy though, he is a great pick this year. Had a really bad season last year, carrying injuries and lack of fitness dragged his score down, but has shown in the past he can average ~95 points across the season. With his great preseason, he is a great SC pick that few have jumped on this year. His form in the NAB cup is irrelevant, however it has been pretty good all things considered.

I have to have a little rant now. People are placing too much emphasis on NAB cup results. Coaches don't take preseason comps seriously, often coaches won't even take the match day lead, letting an assistant take charge. They are used for experimenting and blooding new players. Stars are often not played or played sparingly. Very different structures are put in place in games with very different key players.

An example of this is Barry Hall. I need to start by saying that he may well go on to have a great season, however, he form has been enabled by a near full strength Bulldogs midfield playing against the hawks and port who were both playing very young inexperienced players in the midfield. How does this effect Barry Hall? Even though he may have an experienced key defender playing on him, his midfield is able to deliver the ball to him with ease, making his job much easier.

It also effects rookies. A talented popular fantasy rookie might score 80 for two games running. However, once their team is fully populated with its full list as well as their opposition, the opportunities they get to rake up a score of that level will be greatly reduced and that is if they break into the top 22 of their team.

Resch

Quote from: hawk_88 on March 08, 2010, 04:13:43 PM
Jump off Goodes, not because of his NAB cup form (that is irrelevant) but because of his changed role. He generally received the crumb from stoppages, but moving into from the midfield to CHF he will see much less of the ball. Use the midfield spot for a full time midfielder.

Replace Jack Riewoldt. Leave Murphy though, he is a great pick this year. Had a really bad season last year, carrying injuries and lack of fitness dragged his score down, but has shown in the past he can average ~95 points across the season. With his great preseason, he is a great SC pick that few have jumped on this year. His form in the NAB cup is irrelevant, however it has been pretty good all things considered.

I have to have a little rant now. People are placing too much emphasis on NAB cup results. Coaches don't take preseason comps seriously, often coaches won't even take the match day lead, letting an assistant take charge. They are used for experimenting and blooding new players. Stars are often not played or played sparingly. Very different structures are put in place in games with very different key players.

An example of this is Barry Hall. I need to start by saying that he may well go on to have a great season, however, he form has been enabled by a near full strength Bulldogs midfield playing against the hawks and port who were both playing very young inexperienced players in the midfield. How does this effect Barry Hall? Even though he may have an experienced key defender playing on him, his midfield is able to deliver the ball to him with ease, making his job much easier.

It also effects rookies. A talented popular fantasy rookie might score 80 for two games running. However, once their team is fully populated with its full list as well as their opposition, the opportunities they get to rake up a score of that level will be greatly reduced and that is if they break into the top 22 of their team.

Agree

tnator

Thanks for the feedback folks.  Already replaced Goodes with Bartel in the Mid.  Still unsure about Hall.  Jumped on the bandwagon after his second NAB game, but probably wont stay there.