List Assessment 2014 (dont support but love rating)

Started by phil5158, December 26, 2013, 07:07:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil5158

So Melbournne getting Paul Roos is probably the greatest coach Melbourne have had since Neale Daniher. With roos i can see his plans and they will work i can tell he is going to rebuild the club and fix up the players attitudes when playing i dont expect a premiership of course but the next sucession coach will be left with a fully developed ready to go team to challenge finals and possibly a premiership

looking at the players firstly

The Experienced Core Group ( I wont name every player just the ones i think are important)

Nathan Jones, James Frawley, Mitch Clark, Daniel Cross, Lynden Dunn, Colin Garland, Bernie Vince, Jack Grimes, Mark Jamar, Matt Jones, Dean Terlich, Jack Trengove. (There's still more which is good)

This group no exception have to be more consistent and if they do it will result in melbourne winning a decent ammount of games these guys also have to give out good leadership to up and coming youngsters giving them advice yelling out all that stuff.

The solid youngsters ( these guys will improve and become great players)

Jimmy Toumpas, Jack Viney, Dom Tyson, Dean Kent, Sam Blease, James Strauss, Viv Michie, Tom Mcdonald, Daniel Nicholson, Michael Evans, Luke Tapscott, Max Gawn, Jake Spencer, Aiden Riley, Mitch Clisby

This group has already showed some great signs for the future years to come including the three new recruits

Viv Michie- showed what he's capable of in the one senior game he played with Fremantle and had a good year in the WAFL

Dom Tyson- in the 13 games he played with GWS he was showing great signs and will be a champion as he improves further

Aiden Riley- I know riley the most out of the three being a Crows supporter and honestly i think we got rid off a real hard nut his tackling is amazing and his contested area of his game was awesome he will benefit from Paul Roos.

Now for the the Untried Group

Jesse Hogan, Dom Barry, Jayden Hunt, Jak Kennedy Harris, Christian Salem, Alex Georgiou, James Harmes, Max King

from what i have heard Jesse Hogan is going to be a great forward i watched highlights of his time with Casey and he looks to be a great steal for the Dees

Dom Barry- dont know much about but i have heard his name pop up and apparently he could be ok

Jayden Hunt- not sure about

Jak Kennedy Harris- heard is very speedy and got heaps of potential

Christian Salem- Melbournes first pick lets hope he adjusts alot quicker then the past First Rounders

James Harmes- not sure about him i know he was rookie drafted doesnt mean anything though hope for the best

Alex Georgiou- I know Georgiou very well and he is an exceptionally hard working defender TRUST ME he will be just like Dean Terlich he'll slot right into the defence he's played in back to back premierships with Norwood in the Sanfl and know what it takes to be sucessful

All in all i think this list had improved majorly and i think Melbourne can return to how they were in 2010 when they won 8 games the list had been boosted by good experienced players

List Grade: i give this list a (C-) I think that is alot better grade then the past three if i was doing this in 2011, 2012 or 2013 it wouldve definitely been a (D-)

Credit to the Recruiting staff because i think they have genuinely boosted this club very well with experience and quallity youngsters.

MTTY

Nice work!

I'll fill in some of the blanks for you, and add some of my own analysis.

Firstly you seem to be missing Dawes from that experienced group. I'm not sure if that's on purpose or not, but he is a key in that group (especially when he, Clark and Hogan are in the same forward line).

On the solid youngsters, that you've mentioned, I can't say I agree with Nicholson and to a slightly lesser degree Tapscott. The rest
I have no problem with and agree on.

Nicholson is an athlete, not a footballer. Has all the necessary running ability to play AFL, but lacks the skills especially with his kicking. Won't make it past 2014 in my opinion.

Tapscott needs to lock down a position (and best 22 spot) this season or he too could end up on the scrapheap. Whilst he can play basically any position bar ruck or KPP, I'd like to see him giving more time in the middle as an inside grunt mid. Has the body to play there. Otherwise i'd be happy to re-groom him as a lockdown small defender.

On Viv Michie, he definitely has the body to step straight in and play a role in the Senior side, just needs to continue to train well.

Dom Tyson could be a key component this season, experience is lacking, but his skills, body and time with ball in hand are all great assets.

Again, Riley has the body, but I don't see him playing early on until he's 100% right from his injury.

Dom Barry has probably been the standout (and most consistent trainer so far this pre-season), beautiful skills and is suited to a role on the wing. Smokey for round 1 selection.

Jayden Hunt's key attribute is speed, matches it with the best. His a Brighton Grammar boy (played school footy with Salem and Kelly), but due to lack of size (and having other interests e.g. athletics) he did not make the Sandringham Dragons team. However he has since had a growth spurt and now has the height. Needs to put on weight, but has been complemented as having the skills to be better than Kelly and Salem. Don't expect to see him at AFL level this season.

JKH is a small forward come midfielder. He'll probably start as a small forward and then move into a midfield role on a more regular basis as his career progresses. Again, has lovely skills and pace to match, while also being dangerous around goal. Another smokey for round 1 selection, due to lack of small forwards.

Don't expect to see much of Salem this season, needs to bulk up a bit. Otherwise though, he has all the attributes and style to be a great AFL level player. Melbourne rated him as the third best player in the draft. His key attributes are his hardness, skills, left foot kicking and precision.

Harmes is a decent midfielder who, with the right development, could become a handy AFL level player. Needs a year at VFL level and in AFL level training and environment, but should progress. There is a knock on his speed.

Georgiou should act as cover for Frawley, Garland and McDonald. An undersized Key Defender, but shuts down his opponent extremely well. Is very close checking. Has a very unusual kicking action, but it gets the job done over short distances.

You've missed off Max King, who is a developing ruck/Key forward. Has very good hands and a decent kick in front of goal. Could be a nice steal on the rookie list, if he develops well. Has good athletic traits for a ruck man, but does need to add some bulk.

phil5158

Yeah I think it is a promising looking list I reckon that forward line is going to be a focal point like you said having Clark, Dawes and hogan all up forward is going to be massive plus I forgot Jeremy howe

I truly admire you though you sound like a very committed and loyal supporter of Melbourne and don't worry you'll be rewarded because of your loyalty.

Good luck in 2014 ( just not against the crows haha)