Main Menu

Stkilda's club culture is horrible

Started by phil5158, October 10, 2013, 11:53:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil5158

back then when Malcolm Blight got sacked for saying that the culture at this club is strange he was only speaking the truth this team never seems to get anywhere. i mean i agree they've done better then my team Adelaide crows and have played in 3 grand finals but how come they never won one with the teams they had and a super coach Ross Lyon pretty strange.

I find that the Stkilda players arent disciplined enough and there have been a number of players in the headlines doing something bad for example Clinton Jones setting fire to that dwarf if hes a professional footballer why would he do a stupid thing like that

the Nick Riewoldt episode with the schoolgirl and Steven Milne with the rape charges

Then there is the onfield with a player like Tony Lockett have you ever wondered why he left the saints he devoted his life to that team and kicked so many goals and for what success? None is the answer to that none at all

and i could list others who have left the club

if your wondering where this came from well i heard about them trading Ben Mcevoy to hawthorn for Shane Savage do you see any other teams that trade their number 1 quality ruckman. Thats close to saying the crows trading Sam Jacobs for Jared Polec its ridiculous

i read a comment of a stkilda supporter and he said:

Dont know what stkilda are thinking getting rid of quality key position player. Definitely going backwards

Mailman the 2nd

I don't think what they're doing is bad. None of the bottom 5 teams would have "club culture" doesn't mean they won't get better.

They evidently have targeted this draft as one where they want to get as many top picks as possible, Savage is more or less a bonus to that. They're basically a minor form of GWS and GC right now.

People say that they're down for 10 years, but with this strategy they could easily be a top 8 team in 5 years

Nige

After my initial shock, I then read what Ameet Baines said and I totally understand the move and the direction the club is taking. It really seems to be a classic case of short-term pain for long-term gain this.

Ricochet

Yeh they've already said they want 3 first round picks and are in a rebuilding stage

Ziplock

if mcevoy was like 28 I'd understand, but he's only like 24...

Bill Manspeaker

if Macca was 28 we wouldn't have got such a deal. a promising 22(?) year old and a first rounder for a ruck who has a terrible hitout to advantage record.. i'll take that every day of the week.  will miss Macca no doubt, and wish him well at Hawthorn, but this is the right move for the Saints.