6/8/2/6 each week
1 (33.3%)
Different each week
2 (66.7%)
Other
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

nrich102

There's no Dream Team finals competition, but would you like to do it? I'm happy to run it.

How I see it:

• No salary cap
  • You name a new team each week
  • In the first week you name a 6/8/2/6 team
  • In week 2&3 you name a 4/4/1/4 team
  • In the grand final week, you name a 2/3/1/2 Team
  • Captain gets x2, vice captain gets x1.5
  • Ladder done on total points
This is how I think we should do it. Feel free to suggest any rule changes. Starts next week if there are enough participants :)

LaHug

Quote from: nrich102 on August 26, 2013, 07:28:41 AM
There's no Dream Team finals competition, but would you like to do it? I'm happy to run it.

How I see it:

• No salary cap
  • You name a new team each week
  • In the first week you name a 6/8/2/6 team
  • In week 2&3 you name a 4/4/1/4 team
  • In the grand final week, you name a 2/3/1/2 Team
  • Captain gets x2, vice captain gets x1.5
  • Ladder done on total points
This is how I think we should do it. Feel free to suggest any rule changes. Starts next week if there are enough participants :)

Just some thoughts, nrich, if you don't mind...

Team should be PM'd to someone running the comp rather than posted in a thread to avoid blatant team copying (can always be shown in thread once the round starts)

Why not 6/8/2/6 every week? I feel that the lower numbers will lead to many identical teams. I know that there are less players to choose from, but that's what makes it unique. Who would be your top 6/8/2/6 from a Geelong vs. Hawthorn grand final?! Very difficult to choose some of the lesser players. It makes it trickier and more competitive, I believe.

Not sure how I feel about VC getting 1.5x. It makes a lot of sense but what happens if one of your C or VC is a late out (unlikely in finals but not impossible)? Do you have a VVC so that you don't miss out on the 1.5x bonus?

I agree with the ladder system :D

Just my two cents. Feel free to dismiss.

nrich102

Thanks LaHug for you feed back.

I 100% agree with PMing teams to me. I was meant to post that. I'll change the poll to see what format we want for teams. I don't think it really matters. You will have an emergency captain who will step in as Vice Captain if your Captain or Vice Captain is out.

Thank you for you thoughts LaHug.

LaHug

Quote from: nrich102 on September 02, 2013, 07:47:06 AM

I 100% agree with PMing teams to me. I was meant to post that. I'll change the poll to see what format we want for teams. I don't think it really matters. You will have an emergency captain who will step in as Vice Captain if your Captain or Vice Captain is out.

I'm perfectly content with having a VC scoring extra then! As long as we have some kinda backup :D
I guess it's a good move to get a group consensus on team structure. Looking forward to it!

Hopefully nobody inadvertently "cheats" by naming someone in a position they're not listed as in DT. For example, Harry Taylor from Geelong played a lot of forward and back this year, so next season he'll probably get FWD/DEF DPP yet he's only a DEF this year... It'll be tough to keep track.

Great job with this :)

nrich102

Quote from: LaHug on September 02, 2013, 08:55:13 AM
Quote from: nrich102 on September 02, 2013, 07:47:06 AM

I'm perfectly content with having a VC scoring extra then! As long as we have some kinda backup :D
I guess it's a good move to get a group consensus on team structure. Looking forward to it!

Hopefully nobody inadvertently "cheats" by naming someone in a position they're not listed as in DT. For example, Harry Taylor from Geelong played a lot of forward and back this year, so next season he'll probably get FWD/DEF DPP yet he's only a DEF this year... It'll be tough to keep track.

Great job with this :)
If anyone names a player in the wrong position, they will get a ze for that position.

nrich102

People can start PMing me there teams if they want. The structure is 6/8/2/6 for this week. Also please vote in the pole up the top.

jvalles69

I'm in, I'll PM a team later today.  AFL website is doing the matchday DT for $1000 per match.

Dave085

Quote from: jvalles69 on September 05, 2013, 05:27:30 PM
I'm in, I'll PM a team later today.  AFL website is doing the matchday DT for $1000 per match.

http://forum.fanfooty.com.au/index.php/topic,86843.0.html

Gday all,

anyone doing fantasy match day?? Never done it before and no talk of it on here...

FF Finals league 970250

Just something to do and a bit of friendly competition  ;)

Pick a squad of 8. 2 defenders, 3 mids, 1 ruck, 2 forwards.
No salary cap.

http://fantasymatchday.afl.com.au