Feedback Please

Started by Bs Flyers, March 07, 2010, 02:09:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bs Flyers

Hi Everyone,

Feel I'm just about there but any tips / comments / feedback is welcome and appreciated - be ruthless.

Backs: Goddard, Enright, Hodge, MacDonald, Kennelly, Malcheski, Greenwood Emg: Maguire, Webberley

Mids: Ablett, Dal Santo, Mitchell, Martin, Barlow, Banner Emg L.Jetta, Shuey

Rucks: Sandilands, MacIntosh Emg Warnock, Skipper

Forwards: Riewoldt, Pavlich, Franklin, Hall, Dangerfield, Ziebell, Ballantyne Emg Rockliff, Hitchcock

Still considering a few spots
1. May switch Hunt for Greenwood
2. 2nd ruck and 4th fwd combo (also considering Tippett/NicNat, Gia/Gray but changing 1 of these changes the other.)
3. 2nd reserve ruck also thinking about Roughead / Trengrove
4. Davis may be a possibility instead of Webberley

hawk_88

Very strong team, in part because of 5 rookies in the midfield. A massive risk but clearly you know that.

My concern is Pav and Hall. Hall could very well be in for a great season, but I think people are getting way too excited about his NAB form. Pav will have a much reduced role in the midfield and his scores will lower as a result, still good scores no doubt, but not value for money in my opnion.

I would suggest and points 3 and 4 are well worth considering, 1 and 2 I would leave alone.

Bs Flyers

Thanks Hawk,

Have done change 3 and 4. 

I'm now on Hall because two scores over 100 and still hasn't played as well as he can imo, but really want to see him against a top defender which haven't seen yet.  Hope he can keep it up and doesn't whack someone  ;).  I think Pav also has improvement this year, his avg dropped last year in the mids so hopefully will go back up with his return to half forward. 

hawk_88

Hall has done well, but he has been getting great delivery from a team that is playing a near full strength midfield against 2 sides that played very young and inexperienced midfields. You need to consider that when looking at his form and predicting his future form.

People place too much emphasis on NAB form. There is just too much of a difference between NAB and the season proper to assume form will translate across.

That being said, if you feel he will pay off, then jump on him, that is the name of the game.

In terms of Pav, his move to half forward will likely impact negatively on his scores. Not a great deal mind you, probably only 5-10 points with that much talent, but it is still enough to effect his value for money. If you had the spare cash, ROK or Didak would be much better options as they will find themselves in the midfield more often that last year given the changes happening to the structure of the swans and pies. Higgins is another option if you want some spare cash for another upgrade as well. Expect his average to jump ~10 this year and become a keeper.

Bs Flyers

Thanks again Hawk all really good points.

Cashman

Good solid team but not so sure about starting 3 rookie midfield. I know nothing about Banner at all.

On Pavlich as you know I also have him in my team but having second thoughts. I don't think he will be as effective as first thought.

RICHOO

maybe cash in some big stars, and up do some rookies.

hawk_88

Quote from: Cashman on March 07, 2010, 01:36:07 PM
Good solid team but not so sure about starting 3 rookie midfield. I know nothing about Banner at all.

On Pavlich as you know I also have him in my team but having second thoughts. I don't think he will be as effective as first thought.

Banner is a star and in Port's best 22 easily. My favourite for rising star and best Round 1 rookie this year. 3 rookies in the midfield is a risk but a calculated one and the pay-off could be massive. I'm not taking the risk this year but there certainly is the talent for it.

I'm not jumping on Pav this year (I have said it on probably 10 different threads now) but that being said don't read too much into NAB form, especially seasoned pros like Pav. If you backed him before I wouldn't jump off him now.